Home

Which do you prefer, ESPN or NCAA 2005?

This is a discussion on Which do you prefer, ESPN or NCAA 2005? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2004, 02:52 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Which do you prefer, ESPN or NCAA 2005?

Quote:

sorry i forgot to mention that stephen davis and kris jenkins were out for the playoffs. but even if they were not i still dont think that it is right that the first time i have ever played the game and i easily make it to the nfc championship. and i dont understand what you are asknig me about the long routes?

Because you said M.Muhhammad was unstopable on long routes. Are those unstoppable long routes a money play? Did you have to lead the reciever to get him open on those long routes? Just asking, this is not a hostile post.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:59 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

i know this is probably dumb but what the hell is maximum passing?

Sorry Rocker, I didn't see this post when I made my last one. Maxium Passing (enabled at the choose team menu by pressing in the LEFT thumbstick)allows you to lead the receiver by pressing the pass icon button and left direction stick at the same time. The direction and degree of your lead or comeback is determined by the direction and force that you apply with the LEFT stick.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:03 PM   #35
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

I haven't played Ncaa since Espn came out. I haven't even got to the Franchise mode yet in Espn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2004, 09:14 PM   #36
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

JayBee74 said:
Quote:

sorry i forgot to mention that stephen davis and kris jenkins were out for the playoffs. but even if they were not i still dont think that it is right that the first time i have ever played the game and i easily make it to the nfc championship. and i dont understand what you are asknig me about the long routes?

Because you said M.Muhhammad was unstopable on long routes. Are those unstoppable long routes a money play? Did you have to lead the reciever to get him open on those long routes? Just asking, this is not a hostile post.

i lead into them when needed but i didnt do it every time. and it was not a particular play. basically any fades or deep posts i easil completed and also a couple of hot routes. the reason is he can catch so well but what is supposed to happen is he gets his butt tackled cause he is so slow but in this game i was out running pretty much every1. and just so you know i am not taking these as hostile posts.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:17 PM   #37
Pro

HHHBigFan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

FootballForever said:
I haven't touched NCAA since ESPN came out, anyone want to buy it, $35

Same with me..and It will probably stay that way for a long time. ESPN is to good.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:19 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

HHHBigFan said:
Same with me..and It will probably stay that way for a long time. ESPN is to good.

it took me about 5 days till i finally started enjoying NCAA 2005, even moreso than 2004 with the additions of HFA and the matchup sticks. a few days of constant ESPN football has made me all but forget NCAA, which is kind of a shame. i love immersion within a game, and while the ESPN presentation is top-notch, the level of crowd immersion (chants, cheers, etc.) is not even close to the immediate feeling of 'being on the field' that NCAA 2005 provides. i also miss how intuitively EA lays out its menus compared to sega's haphazard 2k5 layout. why couldn't there just be a simple 'load franchise' button? why can't i view my own VIP stats online from a single menu choice - the list goes on and on.

but yeah, trading in NCAA 2005 to gamestop immediately. maybe, dare i say it, for Madden 2005. as much as i'm enjoying ESPN right now, every football videogame freak still has to try out madden.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:21 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

every football videogame freak still has to try out madden.

...and thats the sad thing, even if the game is not up to our standards, ea still gets our money
Old 07-28-2004, 08:12 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 17

I still enjoy NCAA....it has its own merits and compliments my football library very nicely. I love the different feel of college football. The only thing that really has lessened my enjoyment of NCAA since 2K5 came out is how simplistic EA's 'touch tackling' engine feels in NCAA in comparison to a more physical and interactive feel in ESPN 2K5. You really see and feel the difference when you have played both. In NCAA simple player ( pixel ) contact seem to result in prescripted tackling animations that you really have no control over. Some of them do look really nice and fluid this year but they not as player interactive.......maybe hard to describe.

But the passing physics and feel of throwing seems to be more enjoyable for me in NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »