Home

That's it: ESPN Loses, I'm Spending $50 For Madden!!!!!!

This is a discussion on That's it: ESPN Loses, I'm Spending $50 For Madden!!!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 12:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
That\'s it: ESPN Loses, I\'m Spending $50 For Madden!!!!!!

Absolutely unforgivable! But what else should you expect for $20? I'm sick of this elitist "You play the game the way we tell you to play it, and if you don't like it, f*ck you" attitude that Visual Concepts has had for the past few years. I can no longer reconcile year after year, the same STUPID and OBVIOUS bugs and the LACK OF CONTROL over how you want to play the game. It's unforgivable. Never mind the fact that the graphics are awesome. Never mind the fact that the gameplay is top-notch. Nevermind the fact that the presentation is second to none. Nevermind all of that. I can't play the game. I created my whole team and five other teams. Due to the STUPID AND UNFORGIVABLE AND ******* ommission of allowing me to turn off the salary cap, I can't start my franchise. See my teams are hundreds of millions of dollars over the cap. Since they omitted the Season mode, I can't play anything unless I cut all of my created players.

The reason for omitting it is stupid and hypocritical. "It's simulating a real franchise, cutting off the salary cap would be unrealistic." Bullsh*t. Turning off penalties and injuries is also unrealistic. Why am I allowed to do it? F*** Visual Concepts. I've given them TOO many chances to redeem themselves and they LET ME DOWN year after year. These stupid decisions are unforgivable. I hate VC. I hate the ESPN series. Madden here I come. Madden is worth $30 more because it allows me to play the game the way I want to. I buy games to have fun, not to be restricted by stupid rules like NO salary cap.

The edit player glitch is also annoying as well and still hasn't been fixed from last year. You edit a player and change his name and appearance and everything (we did this to overcome the stupid 47 created player limit) to essientially make him a created player. Well OBVIOUSLY ESPN uses two seperate name databases for created players and normal players. So when you edit a normal player with a name in the database, the game notices that it's a regular player but does't recognize that he's edited. So it uses the names from the normal database and thus calls the player by the wrong name. It will always default to the first name it encounters in the normal database. Sloppy programming. Why they use two databases no one knows.

I'm purchasing Madden and it looks like I'll be staying with the Madden series until another better football game comes along. But I'm never buying an ESPN game EVER again. I've given up on VC. They've disappointed me yet again. Madden is WORTH $30 extra to me. It kind of pisses me off that I will have to get used to that stupid Madden control all over again because ESPN is such a superior gameplay experience...if I could ever play anything other than Exhibition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 12:41 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: That\'s it: ESPN Loses, I\'m Spending $50 For Madden!!!!!!

pretty strong argument on the side of franchise over everything else. I'll take everything else, but this could be a problem for franchise lovers.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:42 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 20

Who cares?
Old 07-25-2004, 12:43 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Cry me a river... Oh, you already have!

Making a team worth 200 million+ is so god damned cheese I don't know how anyone could be mad they are not allowed to do it.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:46 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Oh, he doesn't like it because the game doesn't allow him to cheat.Who said all the cheeseheads are in Wisconsin?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 12:46 PM   #6
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

eXperiment63 said:

Making a team worth 200 million+ is so god damned cheese I don't know how anyone could be mad they are not allowed to do it.

What did he think this game was, baseball?
Old 07-25-2004, 12:46 PM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

ummm... OK. Well good luck to you.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

eXperiment63 said:

No, it's not cheese when you do it to 5 other sorry teams to balance out the league and up the challenge. I hate playing with regular players and I hate playing against them. So I create super teams to give myself an extra challenge. Plus it's fun playing against all your friends on other teams. That's the fantasy aspect.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »