Home

The three things VC NEEDS to fix for next year (or in a patch :D)

This is a discussion on The three things VC NEEDS to fix for next year (or in a patch :D) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2004, 08:01 PM   #9
BTB
Th*s **n't s** w*rld

BTB's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The three things VC NEEDS to fix for next year (or in a patch :D)

In other words you concede that I am right. Hear me out

If the slider you suggested were to go into effect, then when you put it at a low setting, the DB's would not be in position to make a play. Now what kind of game is that? You cant control all the DB's at once, so there is really nothing you can do. While this does make the game more challenging, so does trying to win with the controller unplugged. There are ways to make it difficult without it being a cop out like that.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Beantown there are ways to control the DB's, every single one of them, if you would read and administer Tombstone's advice.

Keep ignoring him and bitch if you must but the db's can be controlled. I understand your frustration and hated at first as well, but after reading suggestions on here figured out how to control the DB's and am having a great time with playing defense with this game now.

NCAA and Madden are way to far to the other extreme with tipped balls and secondaries catching them. NFL and NCAA receivers run their routes and if the ball isn't delivered on their route you almost never see them running across the field to catch a ball intended for a different receiver. EA Madden and NCAA is like Volleyball almost. Maybe they could do something for Hail Mary's but that is the only improvement I see needed. I really don't want Hail Mary's to be successful hardly at all anyway.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:21 PM   #11
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

BeanTownBrawler said:
In other words you concede that I am right. Hear me out

If the slider you suggested were to go into effect, then when you put it at a low setting, the DB's would not be in position to make a play. Now what kind of game is that? You cant control all the DB's at once, so there is really nothing you can do. While this does make the game more challenging, so does trying to win with the controller unplugged. There are ways to make it difficult without it being a cop out like that.

Yes i think we do agree , but our communication could improve. Currently i find the DB play to be challenging and at times frustrating , but i also enjoy how i am imroving. It feels rewarding as my skill improves and i am able to do more and more.

To Clarify what i am saying about the slider =
The slider wouldn't be a copout, it would simply give the user the ability to customize the difficulty anywhere from very easy, to very hard ,or anywhere in between.

I am actually saying that the slider could make the game either easier OR more difficult.

Having a slider for the DB swat ball difficulty would use the exact same principals as the sliders that are available for things like CPU blocking etc..

(easy)0**1**2**3**4**5X**6**7**8**9**10(hard) <-------------- Pretend that is the slider bar

the red "X" represents the difficulty. In that diagram the red "X" is in the middle(five) so it would be NORMAL or DEFAULT difficulty - in other words exactly the same as it is for the game now.

If the user were to slide the red "X" to the Left over to ZERO it would become much easier to deflect a pass - the DB would swat his arm in the direction of the ball and it would be all about the timing if you were any where close.

HOWEVER
If the user were to slide the red "X" to the RIGHT over to TEN it would become more difficult to deflect a pass - the DB would need to be EXACTLY in the right spot to deflect a pass. Even the most skilled ESPNfootball junkie would find the 10 challenging.

so the slider could be useful for any player who either finds the DB play too hard or too easy. It would just be good for everyone, and probably wouldn't be too hard to program in (after all if they can do things like blocking they can do a db swat ball)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 11:44 PM   #12
BTB
Th*s **n't s** w*rld

BTB's Arena

OVR: 16

So it effects the DB's ratings?

I just think that depending on the play chosen by the offense and the play chosen by the defense, if the DB's turn out to be in good position they should be able to make a good play on the ball. If you put me right in front of Randy Moss right before the ball gets to him, I could stick my hand up and knock it down. Of course, if VC also improved the animations, you could have enough control to move Randy in front and grab it.

I dunno, its just that this isnt a problem in the EA games and it shouldnt be in ESPN either.

Lets just agree they could improve the DB play

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »