Home

Do we have too high expectations?

This is a discussion on Do we have too high expectations? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2004, 02:26 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Do we have too high expectations?

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
The Off field stuff in Madden is very good, but playing the game is boring to me for some reason.

Bingo! Maybe I'm just enjoying the new look and feel of ESPN but Madden has been stale to me for the past several years.

Don't get me wrong, Madden is much better in some areas but the one area that I care about the most (e.g. playing the game and having fun) goes to ESPN. I don't give a damn about Franchise mode in Madden being super-fantastic if I have to struggle through boring games to enjoy it.

I've read enough to know Madden has tweaked their AI this year (as they claim to do every year) but I know in my heart it still is going to be that slow, stale game it has been for too long now. Until EA learns to put to presentation and personality into their game, it's not going to match up in the most important area...gameplay.

I'll rent Madden and give it a whirl but I damn sure am not going to just run out and buy it the second it hits the shelves like I have for so many years past. It will have to be one hell of a game to pull me away from ESPN this year. One hell of a game!...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 02:34 AM   #26
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:
Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
Quote:

SportsK1NG said:
haha none of the reviews mention any of these huge glitches.. forget what they say the game isnt rock solid it has its holes.

maybe because the glitches are not "Huge" to everyone. There is a way to get the CPU to not trade but you don't want to do that. No game is perfect and every game that has ever been released we hear the same crap:

"How could they miss this"
"Did they test this game"
"This game is rushed"

yadda yadda yadda ya.

I find it quite funny that the first thing some people do when they get a game is look for things wrong in it.

ESPN is the best football game I have ever played and there is not one thing that I have found that "Kills" the game, most of the things I have found I eventually found ways to correct them, but some people would rather bitch and moan than look for solutions.

Whatever.. its the reviewers job to tell me about the game good or bad, they could have told me about the questionable DB AI and the fact that the CPU cant stop your scramble and the fact there are a few money routes and the fact that parts of the franchise are broken..

you say i can fix it but I dont want to? who said I dont want it fixed.. please stop making up nonsense, i heard it can be fixed by turning off preseason games and weekly prep (which makes NO sense to me at all).. if weekly prep was more fun for me I wouldnt like that but since both of those options dont matter much I am happy to turn them off but that still doesnt change the fact that the AI is broken and that the CPU teams dont know how to draft.

you call people that notice the flaws and point them out crybabies i call people like you that ignore them blind.

when did i say there was a GAME killer in the game? and you think it is the best football game ever that is your opinion and I have mine along with every other person on this site.

im sorry if the fact that the game is bugged out and I have to go looking for little tricks and sh*t to try and fix the problems. I shouldnt have to. if you can tell me how to fix the problems in the game then I would be happy to do it..

why dont you stop replying to all my post and go play the game..

I think I speak for the rest of us when I say please STFU and go play NCAA.

I will buy your copy of ESPN from you RIGHT NOW and find it a good home. You spend more time whining and agonizing about problems that don't mean d!ck to anyone but you and 3 other people.

The CPU does not run the ball in Madden. Never has. Still sold 4 million copies. And I'll just bet your high and mighty "I can't live with flaws" asss bought AND played the hell out of it too. Now, am I supposed to get on every single Madden-fan site and forum and complain, and complain and complain and complain and complain and post thread after thread after thread about it? Obviously those 4 million people don't care about the cpu NEVER running the ball. So I let them enjoy their gaming experience and just play the title I like.

The "bugs" and "glitches" don't stack up in any way, shape, or form to the monumental POSITIVES of this game and if you don't see that, PLEASE just scurry off to the Madden forum. They still make a solid product, and I'm sure they will appreciate your loyal patronage. And please save the "I just want to help improve the game by posting complaints" BS. Posting a concern in the "wishlist" for 2k6 is constructive. Crying like a freaking baby to anyone who will listen is not. I got a TON of issues with NCAA but you won't find a single post from me about it? Why Because I don't enjoy it and see no need to piss on the parade of those who do.

JUST. GO. AWAY.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:24 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 18

wow
Old 07-27-2004, 03:40 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

asianflow said:
When 2k5 first came out almost everything was pretty positive, now everywhere I go on the net the game is being trashed for a number of reasons (poor trade AI, QB Spy bug, Rushing yard bug, framrate issues, etc....) and I know this happens to every major sport game that comes out.

It always starts off positive, then gets trashed and then it dies down and becomes stabalized with positve and constructive critism.

Sometimes I feel like videogame players will never be happy unless it plays exactly like the real sport ... which will never happen.

I feel like most need to lower their expectations and most importantly relax ... it's just a videogame!

it's a weird phenomenon. as games get closer and closer to reality, people begin to nitpick every nuance of the experience more and more as it defies normal conventions. when people used to play madden or ncaa on the SNES or Genesis i couldn't remember complaints about unrealistic AI or the like. the simplistic animations and limited graphic capabilities of systems removed the player from equating it to reality. the current generation games are the opposite. in graphics, presentation, gameplay - it all enters a realm of hyper-reality where people will start to compare the video game to real life. animation quirks, 'questionable' AI, insane trades - this is all a sign that a game is becoming more and more realistic. that partially explains some of the inanity of compalints (they're not holding the ball right when they stiff arm!), to the delay of most of the finer complaints (franchise/sim bugs) weeks after the game's released.

most people don't notice or care of the flaws, others will. in fact it will be near impossible for any game to be declared perfect as most everyone will find some flaw in the implimentation. we have no problem watching 'toy story' and believing its rendered graphics as they didn't attempt to mimic things perfectly. a movie like 'final fantasy', though, simply because of its 'realistic' atmosphere faces much greater scrutiny, even with greater technology rendering the film.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »