Home

One reason why franchise mode has no bugs....

This is a discussion on One reason why franchise mode has no bugs.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 12:48 PM   #65
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: One reason why franchise mode has no bugs....

Quote:

FootballForever said:
Bkrich- I do agree with you, ESPN is a great game and one of the best game I ever played, but with the franchise issues that we were delt this year its almost feels like we can't enjoy the game as much as some us would have liked too. I live to play franchise mode every year, but with the trade issues and the drafts issues and some of the stat tracking issues, its hard to accept playing in a franchise. Thats why Im getting Madden too

plus on the feild is another story, the game play is great

That was my point. It comes down to what's more important to the individual. For the first time ever it looks like I Will be playing ESPN for my franchise game instead of Madden. (I always have an NCAA dynasty going also). The gameplay is that good imo, or at least it is for me. Besides it's not like Madden's franchise hasn't had it's share of roster management oddities and bugs. Although no where near a severe. I alway was able to live with them.

It's all about choices and everyone should be glad that there is more than 1 quality game out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 12:53 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Here's my take on it.

I'll take ESPN quirky and sometimes confusing franchise issues with it's stellar play on the field over a game that has a great franchise mode, and so-so game play (for me so-so gameplay that is, I know some people love the Madden gameplay. ). If I just wanted a kick [censored] franchise mode and didnt care about the game play, I'd just play Front Office Football. Besides it's not like Madden hasn't had it's share of roster management issues or bugs even dating back to last years game.

Anywhoo, it's about priorities. And for me, I'll take the gameplay on the field with what I consider an adequate franchise mode, over adequate game play and a kick [censored] franchise mode. If I really want to focuse purely on the franchise stuff, I can fire up good ole' FOF.

The thing is though, why should we settle for one or the other? That is what chaps my rear. There is so much potential and possiblity there. I am not even asking for the depth of features in a text sim. Stats, draft, roster management, and progression. You get those four areas right and your franchise mode is golden. As I have said before, if little companies of 2 or 3 people can put out games that do this right then surely Sega/VC/Take Two can.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:58 PM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

Aaenuel said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Here's my take on it.

I'll take ESPN quirky and sometimes confusing franchise issues with it's stellar play on the field over a game that has a great franchise mode, and so-so game play (for me so-so gameplay that is, I know some people love the Madden gameplay. ). If I just wanted a kick [censored] franchise mode and didnt care about the game play, I'd just play Front Office Football. Besides it's not like Madden hasn't had it's share of roster management issues or bugs even dating back to last years game.

Anywhoo, it's about priorities. And for me, I'll take the gameplay on the field with what I consider an adequate franchise mode, over adequate game play and a kick [censored] franchise mode. If I really want to focuse purely on the franchise stuff, I can fire up good ole' FOF.

The thing is though, why should we settle for one or the other? That is what chaps my rear. There is so much potential and possiblity there. I am not even asking for the depth of features in a text sim. Stats, draft, roster management, and progression. You get those four areas right and your franchise mode is golden. As I have said before, if little companies of 2 or 3 people can put out games that do this right then surely Sega/VC/Take Two can.

Didn't say it was right you had to settle one way or another. I just said that's the way it is for me.

For me it is what it is. It's either great game play and quirky franchise mode, or mediocre gameplay and very good franchise mode. This is all assuming Madden doesn't totally blow me away with it's game play. Which it could.

Not saying my way is the best way or the only way. It's just the way I see it.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:59 PM   #68
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

bkrich83- yo what do you have the sim minutes on?
Old 07-27-2004, 01:00 PM   #69
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

currently 5. I read somewhere that someone did some research and 5 min. sim qtr's yield a realitic number of plays in the sim games.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:29 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

6 minutes is what I use for sim. Funny thing is there is nothing in this game that bothers me, I enjoy the Franchise mode. Some people would rather cry all day long rather than turn pre-season or weekly prep off.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:35 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
6 minutes is what I use for sim. Funny thing is there is nothing in this game that bothers me, I enjoy the Franchise mode. Some people would rather cry all day long rather than turn pre-season or weekly prep off.

wow you really think this game is perfect, 100% perfect? there is alot more than just the trades man.

again with the crybaby thing.. haha.. you must love that smiley. i am not cry baby i just dont like the problems im seeing and im gonna voice my opinion.. how come you can say its perfect but i cant say it has problems?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 01:53 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:
Quote:

Heelfan71 said:

wow you really think this game is perfect, 100% perfect? there is alot more than just the trades man.

again with the crybaby thing.. haha.. you must love that smiley. i am not cry baby i just dont like the problems im seeing and im gonna voice my opinion.. how come you can say its perfect but i cant say it has problems?

I said nothing in the game bother me, never said it was perfect. Voicing your opinion is fine but you and a few others are Hopefully you are not as pestimistic with everything else in life as you are video games.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »