Home

espn is by far the best football game

This is a discussion on espn is by far the best football game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2004, 08:09 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
espn is by far the best football game

anyone of you who say its not and that madden is better is just a madden fanboy. madden is known for being a game that a 5 year old can play and be good at. i am tired of the same game year in and year out with a diff player on the cover. the only good thing i see for this years madden is the lighting affect and the player models improved somewhat but not as nice and realistic as espn. if you guys go to www.ign.com and wathc some of the new madden videos the game plays the same with the same drop back 20 yrds with the qb and throw of your backfoot on a rope to the recivers hands. there was a another move with clinton portis were he caught a screen and spun on the defender but only half way and then stiff armed him. . no human can do that. then the great hit stick that everyone is talking about is just one hit that the player leaves his feet and runs into the ball carrier and the ball carier falls the same way all the time and the hit stick tackle is always the same i mean come on ea get with the new age of gaming. they tell you that its defensive oriented but when you read the previews on that site they guy who played it says that the game plays better defense this year and thats due to the scripted defensive a.i were he states that lineman cant hold blocks for more then a second anymore and defenders spin of the block all the time and make tackles on ball carriers. this is the same problem i see in ncaa 2005 so i am thinking the engine is quite similar in tackles and defensive a.i.. people say that madden is more fluid well of course who cant it not be more fluid when you can spin yourself so fast from a defender that it feels like he spun twice in one motion. they can juke people off their feet all the time and score at will. the throw downfield were i can outjump 3 defenders and score at will with moss or t.o// madden is not a fun game anymore if you are a veteran of the series its gameplay has gotten old and stale and the game is now just good for kids that are new to videogames. espn is realist cuz you wont see 50-45 scores and you wont see q.b throwing of their backfoot 20 yrds downfield on a tight spiral. espn 2k5 starts now and its the king for 2004/2005
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 08:20 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: espn is by far the best football game

Quote:

infamouslover22 said:
anyone of you who say its not and that madden is better is just a madden fanboy. madden is known for being a game that a 5 year old can play and be good at.

And this post is known for being a post that a 5yr can read and appreciate.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:31 AM   #3
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

your funny buddy, from your post you kida sound like a Fanboy . Madden not even out yet so how could a game be better then it, let it come out first before you judge.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I admit I have trouble adjusting from so many years playing Madden. Last year I played 3 games of ESPN before I gave up and sold it back. This year I am thinkin of giving it another shot. I don't have high hopes it will replace Madden in my Xbox even though I try to be open-minded, it's just Madden Football equals Video game football for me.

That being said I don't see why we flood the boards with posts always building up or knocking down one game or the other. I'm not swayed easily by anonymous internet posts and it's a good thing! Some people like Porsches even though Lamborghinis are more expensive and faster, it's all about taste and truthfully I wouldn't be upset having to choose between those cars...or these two games.

Jackie

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »