Home

A request for the Staff

This is a discussion on A request for the Staff within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2004, 01:22 PM   #1
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
A request for the Staff

If possible, I'd like the members of the OS Staff, if you have some time, to post here, giving your overall thoughts on NFL2K5. What you like, really like, really dislike, etc.

I imagine most of you guys have played the game pretty extensively, and are mostly intelligent and well-spoken, so I think it would be cool to have you all give your disserations here.

If not, I undertstand, but I would appreciate it if only OS Staff replies.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 12:57 AM   #2
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: A request for the Staff

First and last bump
Old 07-28-2004, 12:49 PM   #3
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: A request for the Staff

OK - I'll bite.

My playtime has not been as extensive as most - due to personal issues ("life") last week, I'm definitely behind the curve.

I'm loving it, plain and simple. The fact that you can find a game this good for as little as $15.88 is insane - this is probably the best football game I've played.

Here are some quick hits:
    [*]The Celebrities: I don't know who Funkmaster Flex is, but I sure wish he would STFU.[*]The on-the-field play is simply astounding. I initially though the passing game may have been made too easy, but with more time (and using different teams) that's not the case. And the run game is brilliant - the most balanced I've seen in this series. It is difficult, but you can also bust 6-8 yarders with frequency.[*]The server issues are unfortunate. The online leagues are simply astounding - full stats, injuries, trades. but if you can't access the leagues, what's the point?[*]I haven't messed with Franchise, but am not terribly alarmed by the issues reported. I can see the logic of those trades, and will probably just turn off preseason.[*]The graphics. Good gosh. They are stunning, and the animations are top-notch.[*]The Player ratings. I don't know if there's been discussion, but I like the player ratings. Good NFL starters (ex. Michael Lewis) are in the 70s, and consistently make plays. This allows the true superstars (B Dawkins) to be signifigantly better than the rest of the field.[*]The soundtrack stuff is just too fun.[/list]
    That's about it. NCAA is collecting dust, and may even see eBay soon. This is almost the perfect football game for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »