Home

I'm terrible at PR/KR

This is a discussion on I'm terrible at PR/KR within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2004, 06:35 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: I\'m terrible at PR/KR

has any tried (not even sure if you can do this) to edit your special teams players and put some different guys who may be better on KO returns?
Old 07-28-2004, 12:23 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I thought it was really hard at first also, but now I'm on game 5 of my season and I've returned 3 punts for touchdowns. Two of them in a single game. The key seems to be running the opposite way of your blockers, into the team, then turning on a dime and running straight across field in the opposite direction and finally turning it upfield. It's still extremely hard, but this seems to work for me. I was using Deangelo Hall of the Falcons on all three returns, and he has 7 interceptions and 3 defensive touchdowns in four games... man this guys good.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:37 AM   #11
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

HiroProta said:
I thought it was really hard at first also, but now I'm on game 5 of my season and I've returned 3 punts for touchdowns. Two of them in a single game. The key seems to be running the opposite way of your blockers, into the team, then turning on a dime and running straight across field in the opposite direction and finally turning it upfield. It's still extremely hard, but this seems to work for me. I was using Deangelo Hall of the Falcons on all three returns, and he has 7 interceptions and 3 defensive touchdowns in four games... man this guys good.

Hall is definitely a beast. I'm pretty sure he was the guy that has my lone KR for a TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 10:55 AM   #12
Rookie

frina's Arena

OVR: 2

My observation is that the blockers on kick returns do not go to the sidelines to block. So if I choose a return right they will cluster near the right hash marks instead of covering the guys running down the right near the sidelines. My best kick returns have been running through the clusters.

I do agree with the above posters that the stats are pretty realistic on KR and PRs for the most part.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:23 AM   #13
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

Either I'm doing something wrong, or this is a flaw in the game, but it's something I've noticed:

When I am punting, my players don't get downfield nearly as far on good punts as the CPU does on similar punts. It might be my personel, but I don't get nearly as much room to set up returns.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:30 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I returned one last night 72 yards for a touchdown and also returned another one to the 50. For the touchdown, I ran towards my blockers, then used the right analog, did a duck-and-under move, and went the distance. For the other one, I just followed my blockers as best I could and at the last second, I switched directions towards the sideline. The only way to really get a good return is to use a juke or the right analog stick.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:26 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 32

I suck at KR but I'm pretty good at PR. I usually take the guy standing up in front of center and control him to make sure he blocks someone. Then I use the right-stick jukes to make a couple guys miss. I think I average like 14 or so yards per PR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 12:29 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's not just hard to get to the endzone it's hard to get out past the 40, which shouldn't be all that uncommon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »