Home

Any advantage to playing Legend difficulty online?

This is a discussion on Any advantage to playing Legend difficulty online? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2004, 11:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Any advantage to playing Legend difficulty online?

I've been playing almost all my online games on All-Pro difficulty and have generally been happy with the gameplay.

I did make the mistake of playing some kid on Pro a few days ago and didn't relaize the pursuit was so terrible. He just kept running to the outside on every play, until I figured out that my teammates would never get out past the WRs to help. No more more Pro for me online - ever.

The question I had, and I haven't treid playing any games in Legend either on-line or off, is whether the play of one's teammates is improved on Legend during H2H play. Or is it just too hard on Offense altogether?

Has anyone here been trying all three of the difficulty levels in head-to-head play? I'd like to hear what observations there may be of the differences between All-Pro and Legend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Any advantage to playing Legend difficulty online?

bump
Old 07-28-2004, 05:11 PM   #3
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7

i like legend better. Both levels can lead to a great match.

The all pro lets you get away with a little bit more on offense especially because of the lower pursuit

Especially if one of u or both of u plan on running the qb , legend keeps the risk reward a little more towards the nfl. Also it takes a little bit of skill to get tough yards on legend - say there is nothing there as far as blocking - on all pro you can get 3 yards if your good , on legend you have to be good to get positive yards if there is no hole.

the only advantage i would say to all pro is that 1.everybody mostly plays all pro , and 2. if you are a great manual defender (switching), then on all pro that gives you a big advantage , because otherwise there will be some easy yard opportunities.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Good info, thanks. I haven't tried Legend at all yet. I'm whimping out about trying it online, but that might just be the best way to experience it, against a Human opponent.

What I wanted to hear about was what exactly was different in H2H play, specifically. You did mention the pursuit and run blocking. I already suck pretty bad behind my Dolphins o-line trying to get yardage in All-Pro.

I did notice that my onlly gripe on All-Pro is the scrambling QB cheese, wherein the guy takes Quincy Carter and scrambles out on every 4-WR spread formation. I have to chase him (usually losing) from the MLB position.

The only solution I had to this was to do what I did in last year's game when facing the McNairs and Culpeppers online: go to a Prevent just to have the extra body underneath.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »