Home

Old 07-28-2004, 03:44 PM   #1
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
*sigh*

Gotta vent. Might as well be here.

Played online. Opponent was the Eagles. Every goddamned play he's on the DE, and blows through my o-line like it wasn't even there. Maybe 1 out of every 5 pass plays was he stopped. And I've noticed a lot of other people online doing the same damn thing now. Pretty much ruins the passing game when you have to roll out every damn time.

Also, this is some AI crap that about had me throwing my controller through the television. McNabb rolls out, my CB was nearby on a bump-n-run. But does the CB pursue McNabb when it's obvious that he's scrambling? No. What does he do? Stand there. His WR is nowhere near him now. And he stands there like he's trying to sh.t his shorts. Even after McNabb crossed the LOS the CB made no attempt at pursuit.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 03:53 PM   #2
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: *sigh*

Did you ever try running to get him to adjust his gameplan? How about keeping a TE and/or FB in to help with blocking to buy more time? How about calling more 3 step drop plays to get small chunks of yards at a time until he changed up?

I haven't been able to play online yet but I know when something like this happened in the past all of those were easy solutions and the person usually doesn't adjust meaning easy victory.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:57 PM   #3
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

wwharton said:
Did you ever try running to get him to adjust his gameplan? How about keeping a TE and/or FB in to help with blocking to buy more time? How about calling more 3 step drop plays to get small chunks of yards at a time until he changed up?

I haven't been able to play online yet but I know when something like this happened in the past all of those were easy solutions and the person usually doesn't adjust meaning easy victory.

I ran, but he often lined up in 4-3 or bear with a cheat to the side opposite of his DE. Either way, I wasn't getting much. And I tried keeping guys home, but that's a double-edged sword. The more guys kept behind to block, the fewer choices you have to throw the ball to. My passing game was essentially negated. The best I could muster all game was a field goal.

I tried to adjust, but nothing really helped.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'd try running a shovel pass right at that d end, just my suggestion.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

Try the shot gun formation with 3 and 4 wr sets. That should create some opps to do quick slants and corner routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 04:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

As an Eagles gamer, try this:

Run straight at him. Look at where his LBs are and go straight at him. A lot of times, people who just use the DE can't tackle the runner, so you may be able to get past him for a few yards. Three step drops might work, and use the FB as a hot blocker to slow him up. Really, the Eagles' DBs got hosed in the game, as they're just not that good. SO it's possible to get past them.

Try also running screen plays. Draw him in, and WAP!

On defense, what I do with guys who like running is this: They perfer running to a side, so I try to take my DE and use him to shadow that side of the line. I'll stack the other side to push him over to me. Also, try zones with delayed blitzes. They work as well. Finally, blitz him from all different sorts of angles - you'll accomplish two things:

1) You'll put pressure on him to make a mistake, where your guys can take advantage, and
2) You'll get him thinking, instead of normally reacting. This is where more people with no skills screw up.

Keep at it, and you'll do fine.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:19 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

ChiTownKid said:

Played online. Opponent was the Eagles. Every goddamned play he's on the DE, and blows through my o-line like it wasn't even there. Maybe 1 out of every 5 pass plays was he stopped. And I've noticed a lot of other people online doing the same damn thing now. Pretty much ruins the passing game when you have to roll out every damn time.

Also, this is some AI crap that about had me throwing my controller through the television. McNabb rolls out, my CB was nearby on a bump-n-run. But does the CB pursue McNabb when it's obvious that he's scrambling? No. What does he do? Stand there. His WR is nowhere near him now. And he stands there like he's trying to sh.t his shorts. Even after McNabb crossed the LOS the CB made no attempt at pursuit.

hey, its a video game - those characters on your TV screen, eventhough they look like real life humans, they arent....they are just imaginary people and they do not have human instincts - he is a programed video game character....they dont even have a brain - if you were to take one of those guys out of the TV and sit down with him and chat about football youd probably get nothing out of him - thats probably because he cannot exist outside your TV due to the fact that he is not real - oh and BTW those interviews they do at the end of the games - yea, they are programed to say all that too - sorry to break you the news...oh yea, wrestling is fake too - and santa clause is also imaginary........go cry to your mommy.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:22 PM   #8
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

choad said:
Quote:

ChiTownKid said:

hey, its a video game - those characters on your TV screen, eventhough they look like real life humans, they arent....they are just imaginary people and they do not have human instincts - he is a programed video game character....they dont even have a brain - if you were to take one of those guys out of the TV and sit down with him and chat about football youd probably get nothing out of him - thats probably because he cannot exist outside your TV due to the fact that he is not real - oh and BTW those interviews they do at the end of the games - yea, they are programed to say all that too - sorry to break you the news...oh yea, wrestling is fake too - and santa clause is also imaginary........go cry to your mommy.

Kick rocks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »