Home

For those who play legend sliders....

This is a discussion on For those who play legend sliders.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2004, 10:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
For those who play legend sliders....

I currently play All-Pro default sliders and now that I've gotten used to the game I am starting to get a few blowouts and after this season in my franchis I want to move up to Legend (my team rating is 88 OVR, 82 OFF/ 85 DEF so I'm a little bit better than the average team in my franchise mode) at the beginning of next season.

My only hesitance is that I don't want to play Legend if the CPU starts to "cheat" like in Madden (at least every Madden from last year backwards). What I mean by "cheating" is that the CPU doens't play any better, but their players all become faster, stronger, etc. Pretty much ruins the possibility of breaking a big play, which isn't fun for me.

So, for those who play Legend, does this cheating occur?

Next question, is it better to just go the custom sliders route anyway? I don't particularly like the custom sliders because most of the time people just try to make what is hard to do in the game easy and then they call it "fixed". (For example, most of the sliders I see have catch boosted very high and coverage knocked down. I have no problems with dropped passes and think the CPU coverage needs to be boosted, not lowered.)

Anyway, the best part about this game is the realistic challenge. But I seem to have lost a bit of that on All-Pro. So if someone can tell me whether Legend is the best move, or if the best move is sliders I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 10:17 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: For those who play legend sliders....

no cheating, just no human running game WHATSOEVER...unless you have a power back

legend is great...but i like to rack up the rushing yds so i play on all pro all the time...but if you feel your too good at all pro...move up
Old 07-28-2004, 10:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
no cheating, just no human running game WHATSOEVER...unless you have a power back

legend is great...but i like to rack up the rushing yds so i play on all pro all the time...but if you feel your too good at all pro...move up

Well, on All-Pro I can pass like a madman with average QB and WRs (I'm the Bears with Simms at the helm) but I've only managed one big running game (125+) despite the number of runs I try per game (25). Lately I'm around 450 passing 80-90 running. So I was hoping to play out the season to try and get better at running (just started to use the right stick which seems to help big time as I have a rookie finesse back) and then move up.

Glad to hear no cheating. Should be fun to lose again. Brings back the suspense. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Any other opinions?
Old 07-28-2004, 11:20 PM   #5
Rookie

I play on legend and I don't think the computer cheats at all. The cpu runs often but doesn't break a lot of tackles. And, after a week I still seem to complete the deep ball more than I think I should. I may change the cpu's coverage slider in the future
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 11:40 PM   #6
Banned

put human pursuit at 0
Old 07-29-2004, 02:09 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

I play on legend(my own sliders to make it a little more even), and I win every game in my Pats franchise, while I have a hard time winning any game in my Cards franchise. I have made a couple very long completions to Fitzgerald(67/86) and one to Boldin(58). I once again traded for J Jones, but my biggest run in the cards dynasty is a 39 yard TD scamper(the cards blocking is horrendous. I use the Strony Y-Trap a good amount from the tight triple formation. Try it, don't be too eager, wait until you see a hole about to form and blast right through it, lower your shoulder, then juke anyone left to get a decent gain almost every time. That is of course, until they start loading that side of the line. =P
Old 07-29-2004, 02:58 AM   #8
Banned

im teling you, pursuit, human, zero

lets see who can really tackle

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »