Home

so how to run franchise effectively?!(w/ the craziness)

This is a discussion on so how to run franchise effectively?!(w/ the craziness) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2004, 12:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
so how to run franchise effectively?!(w/ the craziness)

ok...ive simmed several seasons(separetely) to see all the BULL trades,cuts,etc. there is NO way im gonna let that happen during mine. i plan on starting franchise when sega creates a new roster..hopefully opening day! so i heard that i should select all 32 tms so that they cant do all that foolishness.then during the offseason i would let the cpu do its thing. do they do a good job this way?? i know ill have to keep updated during the season just in case a cpu tm needs to put some1 on IR or sign some1 tho so i guess i have to be xtra patient. i like simmed just the preseason(w/o controlling all tms) a couple times and there were a bunch of crazy cuts that were made that made me sooo mad. did they think the nfl became the nba offseason..geez. Im a guy that plays through all his franchise gms but after all the complaining i had to sim season just to see whats going on.
also, has ne1 found a great setting for franchise simmed gms? ive tried several combos and am now researching averages from the past 3 yrs so my stats can be decent in ALL categories at the end of season. i know the 5m simmed sux for stats. i was liking the 4m mark for like the first 8 gms and i think i was 6m for the other 8 but im still doing research on that. lmk your opinions. thx.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2004, 12:44 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: so how to run franchise effectively?!(w/ the craziness)

6 minutes seem to be the best to sim to me. The only way to get rid of the trades is to turn pre-season and weekly prep off. You can leave one of those on and you will get about 6-8 trades per year. Turn em both off and you will get 1-2 per year.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:40 AM   #3
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: so how to run franchise effectively?!(w/ the craziness)

It seems to me that 5 minute simulated quarters generates stats a little too low... but 6 minutes seems to be a little too high. For the last two 2k games i've switched back and forth throughout the season and it has worked pretty good. It's a little frustrating, because it seems anything other then 5 minutes and you end up with too many plays per simulated game. I was hoping they would tweak it a little this year, but it's not too bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »