Home

Reviewers ARE telling the truth.

This is a discussion on Reviewers ARE telling the truth. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 11:03 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Reviewers ARE telling the truth.

I read that post Tmac2k said about reviewers not being honest and I read what Fossen's response was. And I have to say I agree whole heartedly with my dawg Fossen.

I also agree that its more about nitpicking. I feel that the reviews of NFL2K5 are right on target, and the reviews for Madden probably will be as well. Just like Fossen said about the movie reviewers, they dont go in and nitpick every shot, angle, scene, etc. If they did that they wouldnt be reviewers they would be "nitpicking". A review ends with a "conclusion". The conclusion is what you have to say about the game as a WHOLE after everything is all said and done (the good AND the bad). Thats how you get the final grade, starts, score, or whatever format the reviewer gives at the end. Have you ever seen a game review where it looks like a spreadsheet with one colum having 50 different things in the game, and the next colum you have a score next to each one? Nope..thats not a review..thats Q and A like someone else said.

Now I have to quote Tmac..

Quote:

No one pointed out the draft glitch where only QB's, HB, and DE's are taken first round.

Sorry son, maybe in your game thats all that gets taken in the first round, but not in mine. In the draft in my franchise I saw a CB go number one over all. I saw everything go in the first round put a Punkter, Kicker, FS, and a Center I believe.

Soooo...how is that a glitch? Where is the glitch at? I dont see it.

I dont know why people bugg out still to this day about some sports games. Has there ever been a football game get a perfect 10, or 100, or whatever it is they use to grade the game? I cant recall. I rote a long post that got locked the other day about what I think people should do, I mean the ones who nitpick and cry a river every year. Go make games. Go make a football game and no matter how perfect YOU think you have it, I promise you will find carbon copies of YOURSELF in here finding something wrong with it..then you will be on here defending your game. Nuff said.

I will buy Madden as well when it comes out just because Im a football junkie and both ESPN and Madden are GOOD ENOUGH to warrant me spending the cash on them..and I buy these games with my blinders off knowing good and well that I'm going to find something wrong with them. Its just going to happen...but for me personally its nothing to completely spoil the OVERALL enjoyment of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2004, 11:09 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Reviewers ARE telling the truth.

You could have put this in the original thread if your responding to it. No need to start a new one. You can cut and paste your response if you want. Locked
Old 07-29-2004, 11:21 AM   #3
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

I will buy Madden as well when it comes out just because Im a football junkie and both ESPN and Madden are GOOD ENOUGH to warrant me spending the cash on them..and I buy these games with my blinders off knowing good and well that I'm going to find something wrong with them. Its just going to happen...but for me personally its nothing to completely spoil the OVERALL enjoyment of the game.

there are so many games out there that i have enjoyed that if i had listened to the "reviewers" here i would not have enjoyed. however, there are a few games that i bought because of recommendations from OS'ers. the problem is sorting through the posts of the people who will never be happy, the trolls and the reasonable people.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:21 AM   #4
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

there are so many games out there that i have enjoyed that if i had listened to the "reviewers" here i would not have enjoyed. however, there are a few games that i bought because of recommendations from OS'ers. the problem is sorting through the posts of the people who will never be happy, the trolls and the reasonable people.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »