Home

Has anyone gotten ran on by vick???

This is a discussion on Has anyone gotten ran on by vick??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2004, 08:04 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Has anyone gotten ran on by vick???

To all of those who have not had him run on you... I made a fatal mistake in bear defense. I had an all out blitz, one of the blitzers took out the RB before Vick could hand him the ball, so Vick turns, runs right up the gut and just busts it free going for 38 yards before my free safety(98 speed) can track him down.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:08 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
The QB's only seem to run if its

A. A planned run, or
B. The WR's are absolutely bottled up.

Problem seems to be that the pressure/coverage combo is rarely ever enough to force the QB to run. If the D-line doesn't get immediate pressure, a WR ALWAYS eventually breaks open. If the pressure IS on the QB's usually try to force the throw(leading to the high ammount of picks).

That's a great assessment. Vick and others don't seem to have any need to run this year - receivers seem to end up open more often than last year or something. My Aggression remarks were based on my theory that Vick should perform aggressively – run – if his Aggression is high. Whatever, the Scramble rating is definitely not performing like last year. You could bump up a guy’s Scramble in 2K4 and pretty much guarantee he’d take off a few times each game, but not this year.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:43 PM   #19
Rookie

titans246's Arena

OVR: 2

I have had QB's like McNabb and Garcia run on me when the middle opens up from outside pressure. Interestingly enough, the CPU likes to open up games different ways. I've seen everything from a reverse on the opening play to a QB draw and HB pass. Ill look at the aggression setting too, that's an interesting take on the situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »