Home

Running into a Depth Chart problem...

This is a discussion on Running into a Depth Chart problem... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2004, 06:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Running into a Depth Chart problem...

Okay, although Rex Grossman is my starting QB in my franchise, for some reason they wanted to make Jon Quinn the starter in like 4 different formations, so at the end of the season i cut Quinn to solve the problem.

Well, I signed Vinny Testaverde to a 1year/$1million contract in the FA Period, and now the same thing is happening.

It will not let me switch the players AT ALL in my substitutions, I have tried for hours and it just will not change the names of the players, it insists on leaving them how they are.

How do I fix this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2004, 06:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Running into a Depth Chart problem...

So far it appears that the problem is basically whoever is in my 2nd string slot on my QB depth chart, so I am able to sub in whoever is in the 2nd string spot, but not the 1st string -- so I put Grossman at 2nd string and then subbed him in for all of the plays.

That's the only tentative fix I have, if someone can help me fix it permanently that'd be great.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

The sub screen menu is broken, and I've mentioned this here a couple of times. Players get stuck in positions and you can't get them out. I ran into the same problem, and the only solution I found was to create a whole new roster and just not use the sub screen.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think i can help you out. Ok, Go to the screen where it shows you ur plays and from there just put in the QB that you want in.....
Old 07-29-2004, 08:56 PM   #5
Rookie

starbuck's Arena

Just use the substitution screen and you can chose any quarterback you want for each package, etc. But you must substitute the position for each package, etc. Also you can substitute with other positions. Example: RB substituted into the FB position, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 07:30 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

starbuck said:
Just use the substitution screen and you can chose any quarterback you want for each package, etc. But you must substitute the position for each package, etc. Also you can substitute with other positions. Example: RB substituted into the FB position, etc.

The problem is that both the in-game and playbook sub screens are buggy or something. I had a WR stuck as my punter and a FB stuck as my guard, every time I played a new game. Yes, I could sub in the P for the WR/P during the game, but I too would forget about him being there until he unleashed a 20 yarder. Last year, the lineup defaulted back to the original setup every time you started a new game. This year the same mixed-up formation lineup shows up with each new game.

With the playbook sub screen, I cannot get certain players to sub in for others. And other players again are stuck in the wrong positions. I had one formation that included – again – a WR and FB in the wrong positions. I couldn’t remove them unless I first stuck a DE in the G position, and then when I tried to replace the DE with a G, the FB and WR suddenly appeared in the formation again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »