Home

Maximum passing, whats the deal with it?

This is a discussion on Maximum passing, whats the deal with it? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
The 49ers Showcase the Inadequacy of Madden's Man-Match Coverage
Undisputed Beta #3 - Improvements We'd Like to See
EA Sports PGA Tour Release Date and Details Unveiled

Old 07-30-2004, 07:26 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Maximum passing, whats the deal with it?

I've been trying to use maximum passing, I try to slightly lead the reciever by pressing the analog stick slightly in the direction of the pass, but it seems no matter how lightly i lead the ball is overthrown 5-15 yards. What gives?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 08:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Maximum passing, whats the deal with it?

I haven't used the maximum passing that much, but you may be holding the appropriate pass button too long, and overthrowing due to the power of the throw. When overthrowing the reciever, I thing you have to 'lob' it a little more, depending on where the receiver is (lob if he's closer to you, throw harder if he's further downfield). This may or may not help, but that's been my experience with it.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:26 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Maybe cause the maximum passing seems to have no touch to it at all i barely press on the analog stick and it over throws.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:48 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Screens and short passes are really the plays where you feel you can drag a player around the field, IMO. You can bend the HB around the corner and up field so that he catches or drops the ball several yards across the LOS, instead of two yards behind it. Other than that, I'd say it's for tweaking receiver routes pulling receivers left, right and short to make the catch away from the coverage. Using Max Passing is not like calling an audible and having the receiver run some completely different route.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

maddenps2 said:
Maybe cause the maximum passing seems to have no touch to it at all i barely press on the analog stick and it over throws.

You're probably still throwing bullet passes. Max Passing won't work if you don't give the receiver time to get to the pass. It takes some serious practice to get it down. BUt when you do, you'll wonder how you lived without it.

Example: I have Owens going on a deep go route. The SS is blitzing and has been picked up. The FS is covering my TE on a corner route, and the CB covering Owens has his outside, leaving the middle of the field. By pressing UP/RIGHT a little after pressing Owen's passing icon, the Go will turn into a modified Post route. The thing is, you have to lob the ball (like someone mentioned earlier) to get the receiver time to get under it and catch it.

Too much zip on the ball and you will overthrow the receiver; too little and it could be an INT. Too much push on the analog will result in an overthrow; too little and the defenders might get a piece of it. It really comes down to practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »