Home

Game freezes ALL THE TIME!!!!

This is a discussion on Game freezes ALL THE TIME!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2004, 07:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Game freezes ALL THE TIME!!!!

First I wanna say that I absolutely love this game but I'm getting very frustrated. I've played the first game of my franchise 3 times already. Its frozen all 3 times. It always freezes after a play when it seems to want to do an instant replay. I have this game for my PS2. No other game has ever froze on my PS2 so its not the system. Has this occured to anybody else? I was thinking about turning instant replays off, will that do the trick? If not I'm definately gonna be contacting Sega for either a refund or to try another disc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 07:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Game freezes ALL THE TIME!!!!

i have the ps2 version, no problems here.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

OK I turned off instant replays and finally got my first game in. Im confused.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Take it back and get a new one, either that or its your dvd drive. Happened to me.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:31 PM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I haven't had that happen to me. The worst that has happened is some replays don't come up immediately but that's cuz i'm cycling through everything too fast sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 07:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I was so worried about this game because past ESPN games have given me nothing but trouble with the DDE's. ESPN 2k4 wasn't too bad, but the last 2 versions of college basketball were the worst. I was lucky to get thru one game without having freezes or DDE errors.

So far I've had one DDE with NCAA 2005 and ESPN has been completely trouble free so far. The only time I have problems is if I pause the game for more than just a couple of seconds, I'll lose the audio and it'll either take 2 or 3 minutes to start working again or the game will lock up. However, that is the only time I've had any problems at all.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:38 PM   #7
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

TopDog said:
I was so worried about this game because past ESPN games have given me nothing but trouble with the DDE's. ESPN 2k4 wasn't too bad, but the last 2 versions of college basketball were the worst. I was lucky to get thru one game without having freezes or DDE errors.

So far I've had one DDE with NCAA 2005 and ESPN has been completely trouble free so far. The only time I have problems is if I pause the game for more than just a couple of seconds, I'll lose the audio and it'll either take 2 or 3 minutes to start working again or the game will lock up. However, that is the only time I've had any problems at all.

Do u have a thompson drive ?
Old 07-31-2004, 07:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yes I do.

I've been tempted to go get a newer one and any problems I had with NCAA or ESPN was going to be the last straw. So far, however, I have not had many problems with either, except for the pause issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »