Home

ESPN INTERCEPTION 2K5

This is a discussion on ESPN INTERCEPTION 2K5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2004, 08:31 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
ESPN INTERCEPTION 2K5

...should have been the title of this latest project, anyhow so has anyone figured out the magic formula to toning down all the INT's?

I thought I did by bringing the CATCH slider down to 8 clicks and INT slider to 0. My first games I had 0 INT's and following that I had 1 against the CPU. My last 2 games however are a different story. Playing the Giants, Warner threw 5 picks and then against the Colts, Manning threw 6! My COVERAGE slider is down at 3. I don't know what gives? If the CPU isn't completing passes for long yardage he's throwing INT's. Basically who needs an offense when you know your 'D' will get you into scoring position EVERY game. Anyhow, so please if anybody has figured this out, write it here because I know others are experiencing the same grief.

p.s. I love this game in every way, but this one thing is just about ruining it IMO.

p.s.s. VC if you're reading this, patch the INT slider so that it actually WORKS. Thank you. As of now, settings from 0 to 40 don't do a damn thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 08:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ESPN INTERCEPTION 2K5

boost up the catching and passing CPU sliders all the way. If that don't work, well then you are a god.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:42 PM   #3
H*rt M*n! L*c*l S*p*rh*r*

bryan_05's Arena

OVR: 18

I played Brady and he threw 6, I was pissed that I got so many. Then I've only had 2, 1, and 1 in the game since then. Default All-Pro sliders.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:46 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:

bryan_05 said:
I played Brady and he threw 6, I was pissed that I got so many. Then I've only had 2, 1, and 1 in the game since then. Default All-Pro sliders.

I'll try ALL PRO settings again. I do remember that back when I was using them that INT's weren't as bad, but then the CPU couldn't run the ball either, which was why I started messing with sliders. Anyhow, I'll give that a shot and see how it goes.

Also on another note, I noticed that when the CPU gets pressure from the line is when they really make the bad throws and usually end up as picks. Must be the composure attribute kicking in.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:49 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:

Anthony41988 said:
boost up the catching and passing CPU sliders all the way. If that don't work, well then you are a god.

For the CPU or me? The problem is not making completions on either end, it's the amount of INT's. I was thinking that since the catch slider also affects how well the defense catches the ball that those sliders should be dropped a bit but that hasn't solved it either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2004, 10:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

No way around it. Even with CPU passing @ max and user coverage @ zero, the CPU just makes too many dumb throws.

Plus, turning down the number of INTs wouldn't stop the bad throws; you'd just get too many PDs and way too many dropped picks.

The CPU QB is just so erratic; Matt Hassleback (in 5 min Qs) threw for 310 vs me...while throwing 6 picks....CPU QB AI is one of the games few weak points.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:05 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Sleeper said:
...should have been the title of this latest project, anyhow so has anyone figured out the magic formula to toning down all the INT's?

Yeah, by NOT throwing into triple coverage over and over again... lol

EDIT: My bad, I thought you were complaining about the VPU picking YOU off..

My defense gets about 1-2 picks a game.. I had one game where I had three, but both me AND the CPU threw three each that game and it was in the rain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »