Home

how did they let this in the game, TWICE?

This is a discussion on how did they let this in the game, TWICE? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2004, 09:16 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: how did they let this in the game, TWICE?

Jstic, the 5 yard facemask was enforced from the spot of the foul which in this case is the end of the run (4 yard gain) and replay the down. Question what if the foul occured behind the LOS, what would be the next down & distance. According to what your saying it would be 2 and 5, instead of 1st and 5. As for the automatic first down this is from the NFL site. I ahd to read it twice to catch whatthey were saying:

Automatic First Down
1. Awarded to offensive team on all defensive fouls with these exceptions:

(a) Offside.
(b) Encroachment.
(c) Delay of game.
(d) Illegal substitution.
(e) Excessive time out(s).
(f) Incidental grasp of facemask.

These were the expections that did not get a 1st down. But tell me where you accept a penalty and not replay the down.

Last edited by 90Bamagrad; 08-06-2004 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:36 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2
Unhappy Re: how did they let this in the game, TWICE?

There's that laziness that I talk about every year. Within every organization u always have that 10% who lacks the energy to follow through in every aspect of testing a game. Whether VC or EA, u just have to have a knucklehead who's too darn lazy to do his job right 100%. It's always the consumer who suffers for it to. The sad part is, there is nothing we can do about it but what we have always done; complain, play it anyway or don't buy it. It sucks either way u look at it though!

Take away the crib and some other unnecessary stuff if it means that we have to suffer in any way gameplay wise. Do what is essential to making the game play right all the way around and add all the other perks and pluses later.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:14 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 8

Last year everyone complained about the broken tackles, which was a problem. This year people are complaining about a small stat bug, that does NOT effect the gameplay, rather it only effects the stats from the game. VC did a great job this year, getting the core gameplay right. Finding the balance between how many tackles and broken tackles there should be, catches to dropped catches, INT's, etc. If this "clipping bug" and a few other small glitches are all we can complain about, then this game should be pretty damn good to all you people out there. That's what I think about this. Damn good game, small little stat glitches don't detract from the experience on the field.

2 cents.

-Stevo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 11:22 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 6

whatever you say stevo but whenever i have -43 yards rushing that is not ok. i dont consider this glitch, or the franchise draft glitch, or the online exploits glitches smalll. if you dont care then go back to playing the game.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:25 AM   #37
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit
bkrich,

Could you come out and say what it is you know that we don't?
No, I really can't. As soon as I can I will let you know.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:27 AM   #38
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsK1NG
whatever you say stevo but whenever i have -43 yards rushing that is not ok. i dont consider this glitch, or the franchise draft glitch, or the online exploits glitches smalll. if you dont care then go back to playing the game.

You are really starting to push your luck. You just keep repeating yourself. Go to the Madden forums then, your fanboyism is already quite apparent. Do not reply to this, do not post in this thread. As a matter of fact if you were smart you would take a break from the ESPN forums for a bit.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:43 AM   #39
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsK1NG
Does it retroactively erase your memory of those rushing yards? Like a glitch in The Matrix, is your mind wiped of the plays you made?

I really don't care that much about the stats - it's why I'm playing a videogame. If stats are the whole experience for you, I suggest you try a text-based sim like Total Pro Football, or Frton Office Football.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:49 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

The_Beastmaster said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
It maybe gone sooner than next year..

How are they going to fix an Xbox or PS game?
Issue a new disk for trade in like Madden did last year?

Don't know about PS2 but XBox has a HD and can be patched. It's already been done many times.

BK,

Agreed...these days Live makes the Xbox as easy to patch as a pc game. Hey, if you have their ear at all, can you ask them to bump up a few ratings so the QBs don't throw into double and triple coverage so much? ; )

C
Don't forget to impliment a WORKING INT slider. The current one doesn't work at all from 0 to 40 it's all the same. Pleeeease!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »