Home

Tired of CPU Ints? Here is the solution...

This is a discussion on Tired of CPU Ints? Here is the solution... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Tired of CPU Ints? Here is the solution...

This may not be a popular move, but I have been testing this for the last week. I am coach type player and I could not stand seeing both my QB and the cpu QB throw sometimes 4-8 picks a game. No comibination of slider settings helped.

Here is what you have to do. You have to edit each QB throw accuracy into the low 90's for mediocre QBs and high 90's for good QBs. You also need to change their coverage awareness attribute into the 90's. It may seem artifically high, but it is the only way to reduce the Ints.

I still see 1-3 Ints a game at times, but that seems more acceptable. I have my passing slider set at 24 (from left) and catching set to 38 (from left) for both human and cpu teams. But the key is editing the QB attributes as well.

Before this, the QB ratings were like in the 40's and 50's due to incompletes and Ints...now they are much more realistic. Try it out and see what you think. Don't be afraid tio crank up those 2 attributes..after all, these are NFL QBs, not junior college guys!

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 11:58 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Tired of CPU Ints? Here is the solution...

Quote:

capa said:
Here is what you have to do. You have to edit each QB throw accuracy into the low 90's for mediocre QBs and high 90's for good QBs. You also need to change their coverage awareness attribute into the 90's. It may seem artifically high, but it is the only way to reduce the Ints.

Good one. I noticed this too, and started editing QB's a couple of days ago. Last year, the Accuracy could be in the low to mid 80's and still work okay, but this year not so. And really... would an NFL Pro QB EVER have an accuracy rating below 90%? If a guy threw 1 out of 10 passes 15 feet left or right of his receiver like this game likes to do, he wouldn't be a NFL Pro QB for very long. I’m also editing Arm Strength. Vick and his 99 cannon is WAY to much. 89 is about tops when it comes to realism – watching the game in coach mode – and nobody should be below 55. Even with Arm strength around 60, there are certain plays QB’s simply won’t throw the long ball – they can’t get it there! And that’s goofy, IMO.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:05 PM   #3
Banned

Yep...agreed! I also upped WRs catching attributes and run/pass blocking attributes for RBs.

The bottom line in all this is the sliders can take you so far. You want realism? You have to edit the attributes because they are all over the board this year! Maybe they wioll be "fixed" in some sort of roster update, but until then...this is the only way to go. I feel like I am watching a real game now...amazing!

C
Old 07-31-2004, 12:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

capa, i'll give it a go. have you seen completion percentage rise also? i'd like to think a QB could complete 70% of his passes on a great day.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:09 PM   #5
Banned

Yes...absolutely...before this I was getting QBs with 30-50% completion.

You'll still get bad reads and INTs but not an unnatural amount. This is the tip of the iceberg...more work to come...but it is a huge step in the right direction.

Shouldn't be any bi suprise...this has been required since the old FBPRO days - editing player ratings to get realism.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 12:14 PM   #6
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I think it's more of the read coverage rating than anything. Guys like Favre, Bledsoe, Pennington, and Gannon have RC attributes in the low 80's and that just isn't the case. It seems like VC put those attibutes so low to decrease the overall rating of these QB's.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:24 PM   #7
Banned

Yep...you really have to make your QBs smarter and more effective by pushing their ratings for the critical passing attributes into the 90's...and you need to have a good set of sliders as well, because they do go hand in hand.

C
Old 07-31-2004, 12:28 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

too bad it doesnt help for online

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »