Home

Sort of Sad

This is a discussion on Sort of Sad within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2004, 01:51 PM   #1
Rookie

Hooligan's Arena

OVR: 7
Sort of Sad

I love college football, and I have always loved EA's NCAA Series. Always thought it was the best football game of the year. The last two years though, I've still picked up ESPN NFL and really enjoyed it, but not so much that it makes NCAA collect dust.

However, this year, I've been playing the crap out of ESPN, and loving it. But I get in the mood for some College ball and pop in NCAA. Within a quarter of playing I was bored. It just felt so empty and bland.

I'm sad because I've always loved NCAA, but this year, I just can't get into it because of ESPN. I even cancelled my Madden pre-order, because I'm enjoying ESPN so much.

DOn't get me wrong, I'm glad that ESPN is so good, best FB game I've ever played, but I'm bummed that it totally took the wind out of NCAA's sails. Oh well.

Here's to ESPN, a great game, and damn fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 02:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Sort of Sad

ESPN is fun to play, bottom line. That is why I can't stop playing it.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Hooligan's Arena

What makes it great IMO is that every game feels different. In EA titles, each game more or less feels the same. Not like that in ESPN. I Think that is why I enjoy it so much.

Oh, and I just joined a league - the setup is really sweet, and I'm excited to add this new dimension to the game.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:59 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

yeah, when playing Madden I find myself bored and not into it. Don't know why but the fun factor isn't there. Maybe because it feels like the same old Madden. It's time for them to re-do it from the ground up like they did with MVP.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:01 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:

Hooligan said:
I love college football, and I have always loved EA's NCAA Series. Always thought it was the best football game of the year. The last two years though, I've still picked up ESPN NFL and really enjoyed it, but not so much that it makes NCAA collect dust.

However, this year, I've been playing the crap out of ESPN, and loving it. But I get in the mood for some College ball and pop in NCAA. Within a quarter of playing I was bored. It just felt so empty and bland.

I'm sad because I've always loved NCAA, but this year, I just can't get into it because of ESPN. I even cancelled my Madden pre-order, because I'm enjoying ESPN so much.

DOn't get me wrong, I'm glad that ESPN is so good, best FB game I've ever played, but I'm bummed that it totally took the wind out of NCAA's sails. Oh well.

Here's to ESPN, a great game, and damn fun! [/quote

I feel your pain. It's hard for me to play NCAA 2005. Its almost like its a last generation game compared with ESPN. Its time for EA to implement a new engine for both Madden and NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 05:05 PM   #6
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Hooligan said:

Here's to ESPN, a great game, and damn fun!

and what's even sadder (word?) is the fact that theres no espn college football available.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:05 PM   #7
Rookie

Hooligan's Arena

Well, at least I know I'm not alone
Old 07-31-2004, 06:09 PM   #8
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

Hooligan said:
Well, at least I know I'm not alone

...I'm joining the Crowd fellas,I'm sellin' my NCAA 2005 because i cannot stand the animations and arcadish feel of EA Games! I'm done period with EA Football games, 'til they come up with another engine

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »