Home

Another Franchise bug that you may not have noticed

This is a discussion on Another Franchise bug that you may not have noticed within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2004, 01:45 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Another Franchise bug that you may not have noticed

I dont know if any one else has seen this but, Teams schedules do not seem to change hardly at all in franchise mode. Every year teams are supposed to play everyone in thier division twice(6), everyone in a division in their confrence once(4), everyone in a division in the other confrence once(4), and everyone in their confrence that finished in the same standing as they did in their respective division(2) making up the 166 game schedule. In the divisional face offs are supposed to rotate every year. But in ESPN they dont do that. the only teams that change are the 2 games against teams that finish in similar standings and thats not even garuanteed. Ive started franchises with the bears and Cowboys and saints and i have the same 14 games EVERY YEAR! Though maybe not as serious as some of the other goofy issues in the Franchise mode, this is still another example of poor game testing in this game. I mean dont get me wrong i love the game but the franchise mode seems like it took steps back this year and i need my franchise mode. i wish i could splice maddens franchise mode with ESPNs gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2004, 01:51 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Another Franchise bug that you may not have noticed

i dont think its a bug, as so much as it wasnt put in, to avoid a major bug

that sounds like something that would need major coding to last over the duration of a 30 yr franchise, or however long 2k's runs

if it were in, and messed up, the the giants played the rams 4 times in one yr, in the 8th season of your franchise

you'd want to break somebody, like ivan drago
Old 08-03-2004, 02:07 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

yeah they didnt add it to avoid more glitches, thats the reason . They shouldnt be scared to add features because they MIGHT mess up, they should have more confidence in their programmers and testers than that. They should just take out the draft and franchise because they just cause more glitches.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:07 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

it may not be a bug but damn, you would swear this was VCs first time putting in a franchise mode with all their shortcomings on little things like this
Old 08-03-2004, 02:09 AM   #5
Banned

sarcasm is lovely...but i think you knew what i meant

that doesnt sound like something easy to program
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2004, 02:14 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

videogames arrnt easy to program. I think they could make random schedules based on certain factors without too much trouble. Just do whatever the NFL does to generate schedules. Playing the same schedule 4 years in a row gets kinda old.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:15 AM   #7
Banned

program rotating schedules based on each division for 32 teams

where do i sgn up...
Old 08-03-2004, 02:27 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'd swear this same thing was true of last year's version. It seems to me that ESPN's franchise mode has always taken a backseat to the game's online feature. The last 3 years the gameplay and single game presentation become better and more refined while the franchise mode stagnates. Hopefully there will be enough complaints this year to get the franchise some attention.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »