Home

Franchise mode idea to incorporate with VIP

This is a discussion on Franchise mode idea to incorporate with VIP within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2004, 02:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Franchise mode idea to incorporate with VIP

i would like to see an option to play the franchise mode with the ratings off BUT with the ability to see ALL the scouting reports of every player (rookie or veteran) and a more extensive list of comments from the scouting department that may take into consideration age and whether they might be a good target for the style of football my VIP represents. The points allocated during the pre-draft could be used for free-agents instead. All information you have will be for the pre-season before and not for the present pre-season. Thus you buy information updated information for that pre-season with the points. The only information you would have of the current value is whether they had been injured, but not the type or severity. If a player happened to get injured the last season, like an leg injury, the injury will may have an effect on how his numbers are after the injury.

This way you have to play your rookies or new veterans in the preseason to see what you got. Maybe the aging player you signed is actually a bust and you spent way too much money for him because you went on the season before's report and you didn't realize that he had a bad leg injury that affected his speed. Your current scouting report may note they were injured this past year but you would not have the type of injury and your scouting report still tells you that they are a great asset to you team.

This would make injuries a more of a liability to whether you sign someone. You don't know if they are up to snuff or not.

I love the VIP. Its excellent. I can't wait to see how they rock us with it next year. They always do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2004, 12:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise mode idea to incorporate with VIP

I just didn't know if anyone had looked at this. I didn't know if anyone thought this was a good idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »