Home

You guys are funny

This is a discussion on You guys are funny within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2004, 12:31 PM   #17
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: You guys are funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Thing I don't get is that the DB's were 500x's worse last year with three times as many weird DB animations and reactions and there were ALOT fewer complaints about that last year.

It is way tonned down this year(I just played 2K4 last night...2K5 is worlds better), and after playing 2K4 for only 2 games it's so obvious that the DB's are way better this year.
Couldn't agree more last years DB's were just plan dumb.This year i do see it at times but no way as bad as last year
Old 08-06-2004, 01:18 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Note to self-don't get on baa7's bad side.
I just don’t feel that internet forums are the best place for donkeys and lower primates to congregate. That’s what zoos are for. Plus, there they can go ahead and indiscriminately poop all over the place to their heart’s and tiny brain’s content.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:38 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Well last year the issue of choice was the running game.
Funny but true. I really like the randomness of the db ai. I cant see if VC did this on purpose but its kind of cool seeing a db making a poor play. I think most games dont take into account that players make errors. Sometime players move funny but next year it will be better.

The only way to enjoy these games is to work around the flaws. Next week the Madden boards will be a fun read.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:19 PM   #20

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

I am just not seeing this DB AI 'issue'

I have played about 20 games and I have never thought "Man, the CPU throws too many picks"

When i throw a pick...i usually know it is going to get picked beforehand b/c of a poor read.

I'd say on average i get 1-2 picks a game (sometimes more) and the CPU usually throws 1-2. I played a game the other night against the CPU and Leftwich threw 0 picks.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:34 PM   #21
MVP

VanillaEps's Arena

OVR: 8

I experience this issue when I watch a CPu vs CPU game. I like to do that sometimes to get a feel for sliders or to watch certain teams. The CPU was throwing a combined 6-7 interceptions each game. We are talking about QB's like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Two guys that know how to take care of the rock. I found that a bit dissapointing and the INT slider did not help. Interestingly enough, I don't find that in franchise mode. So it doesn't bother me all that much, but it can become an issue for people that use coach mode or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2004, 04:40 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I've seen the DB AI on many occasion. I watch the replay after almost every play. Some may call that 'looking for flaws' but it's what I would do if I worked QA. The problem with the DB's could very well be a lack of animations to make busted plays look realistic. Some of the stuff they currently do is just asinine.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:12 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNSFAN86
I know as playing with the Browns this is so true! Even tho I just started playing in franchise mode ( I have two more pre-season games left) I'm really gonna get tested in week 1 against the Ravens. Hope I can go at least 8-8 in my first season and build on this. As a matter of fact I hope the real Browns go 8-8 this season! LOL! lOVE MY BROWNIES and ESPN rocks!
My friend, I am playing the Browns also. Have you noticed, by chance, the peculiar play of Kellen Winslow. I mean, it's like early in a game, he'll drop passes, one after another. But then as the game progresses, he catches a lot of passes.

I haven't tested this little oddity over and over, I've just noticed it in the ten or so games I've played using the Browns.

BTW, you're playing Green instead of Suggs, aren't you? Green is rated better but the Depth Chart has him playing behind Suggs. I guess that's a reflection of last year, with all the trouble Green ran into.

I still say that Green is a very good back-- extremely powerful. He needs a full season, a lot of carries, and needs to stop these off-field antics.

I just hope that this year, the Browns discard that backfield alignment. Let's get back to the traditional runner and the FB as the primary blocker.

Alanb

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »