Home

Regardless of popular belief.......

This is a discussion on Regardless of popular belief....... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2004, 08:03 PM   #17
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Regardless of popular belief.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatron3k
All we are doing is making the developers rush out products, try to do too much in a short time period which lead to mistakes.
No...a 30 man team being forced into trying to beat a 90+ man team to the punch is what lead to mistakes...many of which are inexcusable and should have been caught before the game was completed and shipped.

Last edited by Kanobi; 08-06-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:30 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 21

Perhaps they could've kept the game another month - another two months - to make sure things were as good as they could've been. At what cost though? As you said, it's a 30-person team vs. a 90-person team - they're already at a considerable disadvantage. I think VC did a remarkable job in a short period of time, when you consider they released the game last year in September. The later release date didn't do them much good then, other than gain ridicule on these very same internet sites. They just aren't going to get the kind of forgiveness or leeway that Madden does - just look at how many people are anticipating Madden despite so many being disappointed by it last year. So I think the decision to release the game as is when they did wasn't a mistake, and in the long run should benefit them.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:38 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
No...a 30 man team being forced into trying to beat a 90+ man team to the punch is what lead to mistakes...many of which are inexcusable and should have been caught before the game was completed and shipped.

Exactly.. I work in a QA department, and I know how some bugs just get by, but some bugs people can get fired for. I think VC either needs a better QA department or they need to send out test beta copies to a whole bunch of people and let them send feedback. When I thnk about the clipping bug that supposedly was in last years game, thats inexcusebale. Its hard for me to believe that a group of people, who's only job is to play the game night in and night out miss some of the things they do. Or maybe they do catch them, but its hard to believe that VC would say it isnt a "show-stopper" and let it through. While it is a great game, its our right as consumers to complain about things we felt should have been corrected. Why? Becuase we paid our da*m money for it!!! And if someone from VC or any other game company tells me that its ok to have major bugs in the game b/c of the price, then they are full of S*** and just making excuses for the poor QA department!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:46 PM   #20
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm goin' make a BOLD statement...right here, right now! I could give a Ratz Azz about "Franchise"...'ere i said it! I mean give me a season and excellent gameplay, and i'm happy and ESPN HAS Excellent gameplay...with a few tweeks that is. Like i said, you play your season,make it to the playoffs,Win the Lombardi trophy! " Secoooond verse,same as the 1st!!

I guess i'm the ONLY one who could care less about Fraaanchise!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:53 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

The original poster hit the nail right on the head this game is selling pretty darn well the eb near my home in losangeles preorded 200 and sold out the game 5 times and truthfully last yr I only had 2 buddies playing espn now im up to 18 theres defineltely been a great increase in sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2004, 08:55 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kMatrtixevolved
Exactly.. I work in a QA department, and I know how some bugs just get by, but some bugs people can get fired for. I think VC either needs a better QA department or they need to send out test beta copies to a whole bunch of people and let them send feedback. When I thnk about the clipping bug that supposedly was in last years game, thats inexcusebale. Its hard for me to believe that a group of people, who's only job is to play the game night in and night out miss some of the things they do. Or maybe they do catch them, but its hard to believe that VC would say it isnt a "show-stopper" and let it through. While it is a great game, its our right as consumers to complain about things we felt should have been corrected. Why? Becuase we paid our da*m money for it!!! And if someone from VC or any other game company tells me that its ok to have major bugs in the game b/c of the price, then they are full of S*** and just making excuses for the poor QA department!
Preach!
Old 08-06-2004, 09:06 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
I'm goin' make a BOLD statement...right here, right now! I could give a Ratz Azz about "Franchise"...'ere i said it! I mean give me a season and excellent gameplay, and i'm happy and ESPN HAS Excellent gameplay...with a few tweeks that is. Like i said, you play your season,make it to the playoffs,Win the Lombardi trophy! " Secoooond verse,same as the 1st!!

I guess i'm the ONLY one who could care less about Fraaanchise!

Well said. I couldn't give a rats axxx about franchise. When the Madden hype dies down, just like last year, it will be proven that ESPN is the game, just like Steve's review demonstrated.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:18 PM   #24
Pro

rsump112's Arena

OVR: 4

Great post originally.

I care about franchise, but can live with the bugs. Madden and ESPN are equally buggy in my OPINION and in all honesty, if I didn't frequent message boards, I wouldn't have noticed the majority of the "bugs". I just enjoy playing video game football, and I'll probably stick with ESPN this year after a failed attempt to like 2K3. I'm enjoying the game and that's the main thing. Wacky trades vs. no trades...Occasionally screwy DB play on ESPN vs. 20 yard dropbacks on Madden, heck I always ended up having a good time playing either game. Maybe when I find a used copy of Madden, I'll pick it up, but until then I'm satisfied, and I'd be satisfied if I skipped ESPN and got Madden. Both groups are putting out a soild effort with some mistakes.

For all the detractors of either game, just keep in mind, you don't have a bunch of guys out there following you to work every day who really don't give a crap what you did right, but are merely there to hunt for the small percentage of mistakes you make.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »