Home

I'm giving up on ESPN.

This is a discussion on I'm giving up on ESPN. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 01:02 PM   #1
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm giving up on ESPN.

I posted this at the ESPN forum, but I'm feeling just angry enough to post it here, too. Oh, and 'hi' SportsK1NG.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, this is SO freaking frustrating.

I sang the praises of 2K5 for a long time, especially the online play, but the song is over.

First off, I don't like single player, because Franchise has too many issues, and the AI has too many quirks. So, I just played online, and was happy with it. Very happy, in fact. That was until 1 out of every 3 opponents I play against started controlling the DE and ruining the passing game.

There is no workaround for this. Yes, you can try to run the ball. But if their defense is shutting your run down, then what? You can call for your HB and FB to stay home and block, but as I've been learning, that does very little also. Those who are good at the DE cheese will fly right past them. You can resort to quick patterns, but without the time to read the coverage, every pass is a roll of the dice. Maybe it'll be caught, maybe it'll be deflected, or maybe it'll be intercepted and returned for 6. QB Evade is only marginally successful, because you lose precious time recovering from the animation, which is usually enough for you to get sacked by someone else.

So, come Monday, I'll be trading in 2K5 towards Madden. After all I've been reading, it sounds like it's improved. And I'm sure there'll be cheese there, too. And if I can't work around the Madden cheese, I'll just get rid of the game altogether and wait for hockey.

It sucks. Even those on my Friends List who never used to DE cheese are now doing it. And I'm seeing more and more of it all the time.

So, congratulations, you piece of sh.it cheeseballers. You chased one away. Maybe one day all you'll have left are a great lobby of as.sholes that play just like you do.

Out.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: I'm giving up on ESPN.

haha wat up chitown. yea i come here alot, that forum has more than a few idiots but its fun to mess with them by having a non biased opinion *SHOCK* they cant seem to handle it. so i come here alot, more intelligent people, better mods that let the idiots know they are idiots and ban them if neccesary.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
I posted this at the ESPN forum, but I'm feeling just angry enough to post it here, too. Oh, and 'hi' SportsK1NG.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, this is SO freaking frustrating.

I sang the praises of 2K5 for a long time, especially the online play, but the song is over.

First off, I don't like single player, because Franchise has too many issues, and the AI has too many quirks. So, I just played online, and was happy with it. Very happy, in fact. That was until 1 out of every 3 opponents I play against started controlling the DE and ruining the passing game.

There is no workaround for this. Yes, you can try to run the ball. But if their defense is shutting your run down, then what? You can call for your HB and FB to stay home and block, but as I've been learning, that does very little also. Those who are good at the DE cheese will fly right past them. You can resort to quick patterns, but without the time to read the coverage, every pass is a roll of the dice. Maybe it'll be caught, maybe it'll be deflected, or maybe it'll be intercepted and returned for 6. QB Evade is only marginally successful, because you lose precious time recovering from the animation, which is usually enough for you to get sacked by someone else.

So, come Monday, I'll be trading in 2K5 towards Madden. After all I've been reading, it sounds like it's improved. And I'm sure there'll be cheese there, too. And if I can't work around the Madden cheese, I'll just get rid of the game altogether and wait for hockey.

It sucks. Even those on my Friends List who never used to DE cheese are now doing it. And I'm seeing more and more of it all the time.

So, congratulations, you piece of sh.it cheeseballers. You chased one away. Maybe one day all you'll have left are a great lobby of as.sholes that play just like you do.

Out.

I understand your frustration, but don't give up that easily. And you can bet there will be "cheesers" on Madden also. A lot of the problems you mention can be corrected by using the sliders and gameplay options. As far as the running game is concerned, think of it this way...Is it easy to run in the NFL? Not at all. I was so frustrated with the running game, but I was given the advise to be patient, and mix up your passing and running. I'm averaging 116 yards per game with Clinton Portis on All Pro. Remember, you are controlling the running back, so you have to use your eyes like a running back would to look for holes in the line. So give it some more time.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:46 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

alot of people thought madden 2004 would be perfect, it wasnt...same said for nfl 2k4, 2k5...so why do people feel madden 2005 will be this great savior...ya paid 20 bucks for a great game...why trade it in for 3 dollars credit...there will be some sort of disappointment with madden 2005...why not have both games to switch "a-ru"
Old 08-06-2004, 01:46 PM   #5
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

How is using the DE cheese...I can understand if you line him up about 3 yards farther from the DT,but i don't see why you shouldn't use it if you do it correctly...You want people to play as corners?I even have trouble using the Linebackers when i have a hook zone..I just find playing as the DE or DT is the best way because the other players are so hard to control...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2004, 01:54 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
alot of people thought madden 2004 would be perfect, it wasnt...same said for nfl 2k4, 2k5...so why do people feel madden 2005 will be this great savior...ya paid 20 bucks for a great game...why trade it in for 3 dollars credit...there will be some sort of disappointment with madden 2005...why not have both games to switch "a-ru"
read buddy it helps.

This is what he says..

After all I've been reading, it sounds like it's improved. And I'm sure there'll be cheese there, too. And if I can't work around the Madden cheese, I'll just get rid of the game altogether and wait for hockey.

Nowhere does he says Madden is the great savior, if Madden would have came out first and had these problems people would be looking to ESPN for a fix.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

"I'm giving up on ESPN"

In the words of Ross Gellar.... "No..please..n...no..oh...n....no... FINE BY ME!!!!!!"
Old 08-06-2004, 01:57 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

no doubt...but he said he gave up...whats all that about, its a game...just buy both

i understand that alot of people cant afford to do so...but still buy both
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »