Home

My latest experiment

This is a discussion on My latest experiment within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2004, 02:27 PM   #1
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15
My latest experiment

I am enjoying the hell out of this game, can't put it down. It is the prettiest football game i have ever played, tha animations are superb.
But after season 1, and watching the Chargers, who have LT, draft the top RB in the draft, and watching Detroit draft the top QB after Harrington has a 93.7 qb-rating for the year, and other such silliness, I am trying something different.
I am going to control 6-7 teams, one of which I will actually play. The others are teams with loads of young talent which is proportionate to their frequent high draft picks. I will manage them, draft their players and go after free agents, etc. so as to attempt to fix the most horrible franchise set up imaginable.
Maybe this way, when I am the Cowboys and want to draft a QB at pick#20, I can, because all the teams in front of me, most of whom have established QBs won't be drafting more young, top Qbs.

This must be the best on-the-field game I have played, but we must, as consumers, be honest about the product that they have given us.
Franchise is not this difficult to get right. Madden has done it for years, at least 4. Hell, EA even gets the short-bus simple schedule rotation right, and they had it right in MADDEN 02 when you could introduce the Texans.
Some will laugh at me, but if Madden's gameplay is even a little better than last year's, then this horrible and inexcusable lack of minor attention to detail is a game killer.
ESPN is really onto something, but they are blowing their chance to top EA with this poor craftsmanship. I would give back my crib, my sportscenter, my vip, to have a decent...decent...franchise set-up. Hell, take back all the damn throwback uniforms (which are awesome) because you will NEVER get to see them on the other team!!!!! Come on, guys; why waste your time creating the most impressive throwback archive in any game in any sport that I have ever seen if they are going to be inaccessible for most of the time?

I know this website hates negative conversation, but i offer this simply for the sake of honesty, my personal sadness, and in the hopes that ESPN will make this better.

Thank you, OS, for being the best sports website on the net.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2004, 02:59 PM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: My latest experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
I am enjoying the hell out of this game, can't put it down. It is the prettiest football game i have ever played, tha animations are superb.
But after season 1, and watching the Chargers, who have LT, draft the top RB in the draft, and watching Detroit draft the top QB after Harrington has a 93.7 qb-rating for the year, and other such silliness, I am trying something different.
I am going to control 6-7 teams, one of which I will actually play. The others are teams with loads of young talent which is proportionate to their frequent high draft picks. I will manage them, draft their players and go after free agents, etc. so as to attempt to fix the most horrible franchise set up imaginable.
Maybe this way, when I am the Cowboys and want to draft a QB at pick#20, I can, because all the teams in front of me, most of whom have established QBs won't be drafting more young, top Qbs.

This must be the best on-the-field game I have played, but we must, as consumers, be honest about the product that they have given us.
Franchise is not this difficult to get right. Madden has done it for years, at least 4. Hell, EA even gets the short-bus simple schedule rotation right, and they had it right in MADDEN 02 when you could introduce the Texans.
Some will laugh at me, but if Madden's gameplay is even a little better than last year's, then this horrible and inexcusable lack of minor attention to detail is a game killer.
ESPN is really onto something, but they are blowing their chance to top EA with this poor craftsmanship. I would give back my crib, my sportscenter, my vip, to have a decent...decent...franchise set-up. Hell, take back all the damn throwback uniforms (which are awesome) because you will NEVER get to see them on the other team!!!!! Come on, guys; why waste your time creating the most impressive throwback archive in any game in any sport that I have ever seen if they are going to be inaccessible for most of the time?

I know this website hates negative conversation, but i offer this simply for the sake of honesty, my personal sadness, and in the hopes that ESPN will make this better.

see that why I can't play this game because of the major issues in the franchise mode, thats the only mode i play. I don't play online that much so that not an issue for me. Franchise is where its at for me. Anyway what your doing you should bye no means have to pick any other team but your own, this games makes have to do unnesseciary things wich in my book is unaceptable.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-06-2004, 03:25 PM   #3

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

"I would give back my crib, my sportscenter, my vip, to have a decent...decent...franchise set-up. Hell, take back all the damn throwback uniforms (which are awesome) because you will NEVER get to see them on the other team!!!!! Come on, guys; why waste your time creating the most impressive throwback archive in any game in any sport that I have ever seen if they are going to be inaccessible for most of the time?"

Exactly...
Old 08-06-2004, 03:30 PM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Can one of you answer my question as to why you think the cpus draft logic is a "gamekiller". Same goes for trades?? I mean lets be realistic, why do any of you care who the cpu picks up in its franchise?
Old 08-06-2004, 03:46 PM   #5
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi

Excellent post, VC has an awesome game out but there is no excuse for some of its flaws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2004, 03:46 PM   #6
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

First off, they completely redid the franchise mode unlike other games that simply have added to there current franchise mode. So anytime you completely redo anything there are going to be glitches.

Anyways, I just said f--- it! I mean as long as the teams than I really don't care. I just choose the best HB, DE, T, or QB I can find to go along with the flow and draft the rest as normal. The same thing happened in my Broncos franchise. The Chargers drafted a HB with the first pick......within 3 years they were in the SB. They had LT with a 95 rating, the second RB with a 84 rating, Rivers was a 96, and two stud receivers with 90 ratings. Ironically the receivers came with the 3rd and 4th pick in the same draft that they drafted the RB #1. It's hell playing them...So the teams will get good if they have a good overall draft.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:50 PM   #7
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Can one of you answer my question as to why you think the cpus draft logic is a "gamekiller". Same goes for trades?? I mean lets be realistic, why do any of you care who the cpu picks up in its franchise?
I care because when I play my franchise, I would like it to be at least 85% realalistic, and having 20 trades in a season is not REAL at all, and don't give that pharse " Well is only a game" bull__it, it cool to have some trades....wait no its not..but seeing Vick being traded for Strahan is not cool, or Farve to the Jets for Martin, when those trades don't make any sence at all. Yes it bothers me, sorry you like your game the way you do, I like my game differnt. I don't want to bring this up, it deos not happen in Madden at all, why because I guess they like the franchise to be the best.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-06-2004, 03:57 PM   #8
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

You know, I still am going bonkers over here in chicago with the trade of Jamal Crawford for Dikembe Motumbo and Harrington and I often wonder why stupid trades like this happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »