Home

Vip: How???

This is a discussion on Vip: How??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2004, 10:43 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Vip: How???

Along the lines of the VIP, I HATE that you now have to have spearate VIP files you have to save and load for each Franchise you play with, just to get a running total of credits for your Crib. I hope next year Sega ditches the myriad of confusing files you have to juggle just to play in Franchise Mode.

[/b] ATTENTION SEGA FOR 2K6!! COMBINE ALL FILES INTO ONE FRANCHISE FILE SO WE DON'T HAVE TO WASTE TONS AND TONS OF TIME LOADING EIGHT THOUSAND FILES TO PLAY ONE FRANCHISE MODE GAME!! [b]
Old 08-09-2004, 08:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I wonder if it has something to do with my not being able to play online? I'm one of the unlucky ones who gets the "rosters cannot be verified" error message. I can log on, but just can't hook up and play a game.

I have tried this a number of times with different VIPs. Very strange. Very sad. Very angry!
Old 08-10-2004, 12:44 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 13

RobNyack:

I had the same problem with the roster validation issue. What I did was I went in and deleted all of the nfl2k5 roster files from my harddrive. Then I logged back in and d'loaded the roster file again. Problem solved. The first try somehow got corrupted.

Secondly, I too was having problems with playing a game with a d'loaded VIP file. I'm just finding out that you need to load the file from OPTIONS. I was making the mistake of going into FEATURES and then VIP MANAGER.

I'll try again tonight using the OPTIONS menu to see if it works. My suggestion to you is, make sure that the VIP file your trying to load has a won/loss record. The user has to have played RANKED games in order to have information saved on his ONLINE VIP file.

Good luck!

BTW: I live in West Nyack (Valley Cottage), so you're not too far from me.

BigBlue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 08:56 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
BTW: I live in West Nyack (Valley Cottage), so you're not too far from me.
Bigblue! Really? Cool...talk about a small world. I am in Central Nyack....about 2 minutes from the Pallisades Mall. Sounds like we are minutes apart.

Quote:
I had the same problem with the roster validation issue. What I did was I went in and deleted all of the nfl2k5 roster files from my harddrive. Then I logged back in and d'loaded the roster file again. Problem solved. The first try somehow got corrupted.
you deleted your rosters and d/l new ones? But, there does not appear to be rosters to d/l on XBL.

Quote:
Secondly, I too was having problems with playing a game with a d'loaded VIP file. I'm just finding out that you need to load the file from OPTIONS. I was making the mistake of going into FEATURES and then VIP MANAGER.
Yep. OPTIONS. I'm 100% certain I'm doing it right, but for some reason, the VIP file I load seems to be empty...no data.

Quote:
I'll try again tonight using the OPTIONS menu to see if it works. My suggestion to you is, make sure that the VIP file your trying to load has a won/loss record. The user has to have played RANKED games in order to have information saved on his ONLINE VIP file.
One thing I was wondering, and maybe I'm wrong, but, it looks like a lot of the leaders on the Leaderboards are cheesers? You look at there last 5 games, and they are all 0-0 final scores and the margin of victory is usually very odd. Do these guys have some way of piling up wins w/o actually playing out their games?

I was thinking maybe i wasz d/l these "cheeser"(?) VIP files and I was getting their cheesy data. But, I made sure I d/l a legit player's, VIP and still got the same problem.

Sucks. I really want to try this out. I'm going to look into what you said about deleting the 2k5 rosters and d/l them over.

Thanks, man. Talk to you soon.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:12 PM   #13
Rookie

BigBlue...as for deleting your 2k5 rosters....how the hell do you do that??? I looked all over, and found no way to delete the rosters. Checked my HD and there were no saved rosters there either.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:19 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 13

RobNyack:

Talk about a small world is right. I'm also 2 minutes from the Palisades mall. I'm on North Rt 303.

Sorry about the confusion of deleting rosters. What I wound up doing was deleting EVERYTHING NFL2K5 related from my XBOX harddrive.

Just fire up the XBox without a disk in it and look for all of your NFL2K5 files. I just started fresh.

The download is an automatic download the first time you log into play NFL2K5 on XBOX Live. That's what did it for me.

Good Luck!

BigBlue
Old 08-11-2004, 06:28 PM   #15
Rookie

BigBlue,

303, huh? we really area pretty close. I'm just off of 59 by the McDs and KFC. On the other side of the thruway overpass.

I deleted everything off my hardrive, like you said, and it did not work. tried it about 5 different times . Guess I'm waiting for the patch.

VIP, I'll be damned if I can get that to work either. What the hell!!??

Oh well, still lovin the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »