Home

Draft Fix #9

This is a discussion on Draft Fix #9 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2004, 12:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Draft Fix #9

1. Take control of all teams.
2. During the draft and before each CPU pick, check the CPU team’s Team Needs list. If they need, say, both a QB and CB, make an honest determination as to which position they need the most help in.
3. Check the Rookie Report to find out who the best player is in that particular position, then draft for the CPU team that’s up.

Okay, it’s not a complete fix. But here are the benefits: First, you get to know your entire league, inside and out. That in itself is a big bonus, given this draft issue was supposed to be some sort of horrible Franchise killer. It’s nothing of the sort. In fact, it’s a Franchise get-to-knower!

But even more than that: you are IN CONTROL… in control of the game, and in control of your gaming experience. I like figuring out fixes that allow me to be in control and to get on with simply enjoying the game.

AND EVEN MORE than even more than that… NO MORE having to complain about the broken draft! (Unless you really like to do that sort of thing, but it’s hard to imagine why anyone would be like that on purpose.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2004, 01:07 PM   #2
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Draft Fix #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
1. Take control of all teams.
2. During the draft and before each CPU pick, check the CPU team’s Team Needs list. If they need, say, both a QB and CB, make an honest determination as to which position they need the most help in.
3. Check the Rookie Report to find out who the best player is in that particular position, then draft for the CPU team that’s up.

Okay, it’s not a complete fix. But here are the benefits: First, you get to know your entire league, inside and out. That in itself is a big bonus, given this draft issue was supposed to be some sort of horrible Franchise killer. It’s nothing of the sort. In fact, it’s a Franchise get-to-knower!
"Franchise-get-to-knower" :y4:

The Broken draft logic IS a killer for those who don't feel like or have time to use Paul Tagliabue Mode and babysit the other 31 teams. I see where you're coming from though. However, I think we should be able to "know our league inside and out" without having to use PTM. Hopefully we won't have to go to such extremes next yr. Either way, thanks for the suggestions and trying to help, man.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:08 PM   #3
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

i haven't gotten that far yet, so what is the draft problem
Old 08-07-2004, 07:29 PM   #4
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Let me tell you, this is not a fix.
I have recently attempted to conduct the off-season only controlling 7 teams and it is brutally tedious. Now, I draft for all seven, but this was horrible, especially because the 3rd and 4th best WRs in the draft were still available in Rd4. Drafting for all 31 would be an experience i would not wish upon even the designers of this poor franchise set-up.
This game is stellar, but if you were raised on Madden's chise, as I have been for the past 2-3 years (they had it down pretty well in 02) and really enjoy this part of the game, it is a killer.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:36 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

sorry im not going to sit there and draft for every team because VC f'd up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2004, 07:59 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I edited the rookies and made Mike Williams the best rookie in the draft and he doesn't get picked till the 2nd round as the first WR taken. Mel Kiper didn't even him in the mock draft.

The draft logic is really bad imo but is in no way a game killer.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:28 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsK1NG
sorry im not going to sit there and draft for every team because VC f'd up.
Yes, that's certainly one attitude and approach to dealing with the issue:-) Actually, it's kind of fun once you get into it. How long does the actual NFL draft last? A couple of days? Just like the real thing! Thanks for the ultra-realism, ESPN and VC! Or do three rounds - 2 hours tops - and then let the CPU sim the rest. Extra added bonus: you get to see what Carson Palmer looks like as a white guy, a pink guy, a yellow guy, a red guy, a brown (ish) guy, a (not very) black guy, and about seven other colors that human beings aren't.

Where'd all the smileys disappear to on this new reply screen?
Old 08-07-2004, 11:55 PM   #8
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

I'll give you credit for trying something different to clean up VC's draft mess. I had mild interest in doing this until I realized I would also have to handle free agent signings for all the teams too. That's just a little more than I wanted to do. I really wish you could pick & choose which teams you handle free agent signing for, but its an all-or-none proposition.

I don't anticipate that I'll be playing multiple seasons in ESPN, even though that's what I usually do with any football title I buy. I'll most likely play a season as the Jaguars, then start up with another team, then switch to another, etc.

I would buy Madden for the better franchise mode, but I'm concerned I'll be really disappointed in it after paying big bucks now that I'm spoiled by ESPN's graphics/presentation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »