Home

O-Line blocking

This is a discussion on O-Line blocking within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2004, 12:14 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Angry O-Line blocking

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the 'missed-assignments' that occur again-and -again on the offensive line... I feel my QB gets sacked way too much so I started watching each on a replay. I am getting sacked one or two times a game on the identical blocking scheme. My right guard pulls off the man in front of him, on the snap to help the right tackle double his defender. When doing this the DT goes through untouched and sacks me usually within a second or two. I don't even get to make my full dropback and I on my a$$... This is so weak and it looks exactly the same in each replay.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 08:13 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: O-Line blocking

I'm also a frequent replay watcher and I've seen this several times. I've also seen them just instantly swim past good olinemen on run plays as well. I'm reluctant to touch the slider for blocking though. It doesn't happen on every play so that's good.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:44 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I find it's making online play almost completely unenjoyable now and I am even considering giving up this game (which I love) because of it. The o-line blocking glitches are the only problems I have had with this game - and it may end up killing it altogether for me.

Using the Dolphins, on 70-80% of passing plays, no Fins QB can even complete his drop-back before being sacked.

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Old 08-08-2004, 10:04 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I try to pretend that my lineman just blew it when it happens because it doesn't happen for me as often as it happens for you Hostile.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:05 AM   #5
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

I was playing my friend last week and his RT did not want to block at all for him. About 75% of his pass plays, the RT would squat, put his hands up for a sec, and then just stand there with his arms at his side!!!. I didn't have to do any moves to get around him...just slide right by him.

It was really frustrating for both of us...I felt sorry for him because my guys weren't doing it.

Go Badgers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 12:02 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I try to pretend that my lineman just blew it when it happens because it doesn't happen for me as often as it happens for you Hostile.
Same here. I think that just the randomess in the game. Sometimes all-pros get beat. Remember your 3 and 5 step drop and hope for the best.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:05 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I think this may be another situation where there is a lack of animations for a given outcome.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think it may be the play you are calling. I watch now what play I am calling to make sure witch way my line men are blocking. At first I was getting sacked like you guys mentioned but it is much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »