Home

any tips for stopping qb from running?

This is a discussion on any tips for stopping qb from running? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2004, 10:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
any tips for stopping qb from running?

I tried doing a forum search on this, but that feature doesn't seem to be working.

Since QB spy doesn't seem to work,what can you do to stop the qb from racking up rushing yards. Your defenders seem to be unaware of the qb crosssing the line of scrimmage until he's got at least five yards on you. I've tried spying the qb myself, but if you get blocked, or make a mistake you are screwed- not to mention some qb's are waaaay faster than they should be ( try scrambling with Rich Gannon). Plus, if you are manually spying the qb, that means you are not really covering your zone or leaving a man open in Man Coverage. This very frustrating for me because I've been a 2K player since '99, and this is first time I felt a flaw was a game killer for me. I was loving ESPN 2K5 until yesterday when I played against my freind who abused the quarterback running. He would hike the ball and just take off running and my defenders would just stand around like they couldn't see him. I began playing defense just to stop him from doing that, which took me completeley out of my game. I was so frustrated by this and thrown off I couldn't play my normal D.

Please do not flame this post as another whine-fest, because I do love the game- it's just that the unstoppable QB is infuriating to me and cheapens my gaming experience. Please do not reply " learn how to play some D" (as my freind did) because defense is usually my strong suit. To prove my point to my freind that what he was doing was absolute cheese, I rushed for 238 yards against him with Rich Gannon (allpro setting). I think he saw my point after that. Defenses can be called to stop the pass and shut down the running game, but your defenders act like the have cerebral-palsy when the Qb starts running. Any advise would be appreciated.

sorry for the long post.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »