Home

Are you guys still enjoying this game. only talking about true espn fans

This is a discussion on Are you guys still enjoying this game. only talking about true espn fans within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2004, 09:05 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Are you guys still enjoying this game. only talking about true espn fans

No Madden for me. I'll play it in the store to see if there is any reason to get the game. EA Sports has burnt me enough. Madden will probably satisfy people, but I love ESPN. The best all around game I have ever played!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 09:13 AM   #34
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Still like it,but DB Ai is killing it for me..But i'm gonna keep it.I paid penuts for it and 'm not gonna give it up for a measily 5 dollars of credit...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-09-2004, 09:27 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 18

I must say that Espn 05 is the best football game that I have played to date. I see the complaints and it blows my mind that people are almost looking for a reason not to like the game, to each his own. I honestly don't see how Madden 05 can beat the overall immersiveness of this game, not saying that it can't. Like most of you I was raised on Madden football, had them all except last years. So I will rent Madden, but I feel no need to buy it. Man, the halftime highlight feature of Espn just blows me away!and when it comes to the franchise mode, my opinion is like Roy Williams disussing Carolina when he was at Kansas, "franchise mode? I could give a ****e about franchise mode right now".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2004, 09:32 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 16

Im not enjoying it, the terrible DB AI, Outside Linebackers taking the wrong angles to the Quarterbacks on blitzes and running animations have ruined it for me.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:35 AM   #37
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
I must say that Espn 05 is the best football game that I have played to date. I see the complaints and it blows my mind that people are almost looking for a reason not to like the game, to each his own. I honestly don't see how Madden 05 can beat the overall immersiveness of this game, not saying that it can't. Like most of you I was raised on Madden football, had them all except last years. So I will rent Madden, but I feel no need to buy it. Man, the halftime highlight feature of Espn just blows me away!and when it comes to the franchise mode, my opinion is like Roy Williams disussing Carolina when he was at Kansas, "franchise mode? I could give a ****e about franchise mode right now".

you said people are looking for reasons not to like the game, im sorry but those reasons are right front of our FACE, it hard to play the game with reasons being a reality.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-09-2004, 09:39 AM   #38
Banned

the hype came, 2k released, excitement, then a cool down period, realisation that another one will drop in 12 months

madden is here, hype will be more than ever, excitement over all madden mode and all its glory, cool down period, realisation there will be another one in 12 months
Old 08-09-2004, 09:43 AM   #39
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24

I like this game pretty well. I only bought it because my Xbox stopped workin, so I bought it for my Ps2. Sure, the trade logic is garbge, but I can deal with it. I'm 1-2 with the Giants.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:57 AM   #40
Banned

What's up Yonkers? I don't mean to imply that there is nothing wrong with the game. I am saying that when you take everything into account, this is still one helluvah game. I know it depends on what is important to you, but alot of the problems that people are coming up with can be fixed so easily. I know that if and when Madden problems pop up, Madden fans will do the workarounds without a problem. To me, there is nothing in this game that bothers me enough to not appreciate its excellence. I will say it again, I don't see how Madden is going to beat Espn's overall Sunday afternoon atmosphere, not saying that it can't, but I will rent it and give it an honest appraisel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »