Home

Are you guys still enjoying this game. only talking about true espn fans

This is a discussion on Are you guys still enjoying this game. only talking about true espn fans within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2004, 04:45 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Are you guys still enjoying this game. only talking about true espn fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
I too, have a hard time seeing what everyone is complaining about. I have yet to start my franchise as i am waiting for rosters to finalize but I love the game.

I just cannot see Madden being able to give me a better overall experience than ESPN.
Ditto. Madden will definitely have to show ME something to top ESPN.
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Old 08-09-2004, 04:54 PM   #50
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Plays a great game of football.

Exciting, realistic and fun.

What a thrill to watch the replay of Patrick Surtain tracking the WR with his right arm outstretched, while the receiver is streaking down the sideline with his head turned back to the ball and at the last minute Surtain (as he feels the WR slow up to reach for the ball) turns back and knocks it down!

Every play feels like an uncertain outcome.

It could go either way a ball tipped in the air... will the D catch it? will my guy catch it? As the runner is dragging a guy forward, will he break it? will he stumble for the first? will a Linebacker come in and knock his block off while he's being held up?

I like this game a lot.

really good stuff
Old 08-09-2004, 05:15 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpressure
Graphik we are on the same page. I'm also loving this game very much. I know that Madden is good as well, but I'm just not having the issues with ESPN that others are having. Like Graphik I use the Eagles a lot as well. My lil bro went to high school with Brian Dawkins, we know him personally, and his play is truely reflected in this game, as well as many other DB's in this game from what I've experienced.

Franchise doesn't bother me either. Like someone else said, I am only concerned with MY TEAM, I could care less about what other teams are doing. Besides, I don't think it's really a glitch in the franchise, as much as I believe this is the developers intention, to keep franchise mode fresh and interesting. Naturally some will hate it while others will see no problem with it.

In my opinion, ESPN is one of the best overall football video game experiences I've had to date. This isn't a knock against Madden, I'm a football fan, and this game alone simply does it for me this year!
The three of us are on the same page. Sheppard and Brown are playing to their ratings, and I find myself getting burned a lot. I really like this game, picked it up at the same time I picked up NCAA and NCAA hasn't left its box. I see some issues people are complaining about (the clip glitch), but it's like everything that people think is wrong with the game is a glitch. Like kicking a FG from your own 30, and the other team runs that back as a punt. IT'S A GLITCH! It's in the rules.

I'm not as glitch happy as some, and the game probably could've gone through a bit more testing, but this is the best FB game I've played, and it keeps me coming back. I think some of the people's problems are because they just can't play; they're used to 20 yard dropbacks and 80 yard runs everytime you bounce outside. I guarantee you that if Madden fixed those problems this year people will complain because they can't do that stuff anymore. I was really disappointed in Madden last year (after kicking out for the guide and staying up to hit Gamestop at 11:30 to pick it up). Madden will have to do a LOT more to make me pick it up at full price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2004, 05:20 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Re: Are you guys still enjoying this game. only talking about true espn fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_2K
I still love playing a single game, but that's all.

Meaning no franchise for me anymore when Madden comes out. I'm not bashing espn in the least. They've done a whole lot to make this a very good game (some people would say a great game) but to me, they didn't do the one thing a lot of us love, concerate on franchise mode.
That is exactly how I see it too .. once I have Madden, that'll fill my football franchise needs. ESPN is awesome in its presentation, graphics, and announcers and I'll still play it for individual games/tourneys, but Madden's storyline in the franchise mode will be hard to beat, methinks.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:25 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17
Are you guys still enjoying this game?
Old 08-09-2004, 05:26 PM   #54
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

And you can also add the fact that I'm still seeing new animations even after 15+ games played. I believe the presentation in ESPN alone is worth the 20 bucks.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:36 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Now that I've finally tweaked my sliders and maintain a difficulty that is slightly, 0.01, harder than All Pro I'm very happy with the game. Game On!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2004, 08:13 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 5

Big fan of 2K4, big fan of 2K5!!! Rock out with your er....well you know the rest!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »