Home

ESPNs defensive pre-snap stuff better than Madden

This is a discussion on ESPNs defensive pre-snap stuff better than Madden within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 06:28 PM   #1
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Talking ESPNs defensive pre-snap stuff better than Madden

I played madden last night and was unimppressed with the way they set up their defensive pre snap adjustments, espns is done in a much better way. Maddens technique does not allow many, maybe one specific one, with having to cycle to the guy. ESPN does this way better, and this was something that was hyped by madden, go figure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: ESPNs defensive pre-snap stuff better than Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I played madden last night and was unimppressed with the way they set up their defensive pre snap adjustments, espns is done in a much better way. Maddens technique does not allow many, maybe one specific one, with having to cycle to the guy. ESPN does this way better, and this was something that was hyped by madden, go figure.
I agree whole-heartedly ^^^^^^^^
Old 08-10-2004, 07:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

I think Madden's pre-snap stuff is more effective.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 08-10-2004, 09:32 PM   #4
Rookie

okieraider's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
I think Madden's pre-snap stuff is more effective.
Can you elaborate why as the other person did on why he thinks ESPN's is more effective?
Old 08-10-2004, 09:51 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

I am also of the impression that ESPN's defensive adjustments are better. My only gripe is when I go to double team an opponent's WR with a DB, the play is shown on screen. I'm playing on PS2 and am wondering if theres a way not to blow my strategy like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 10:28 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Well madden's is deeper, you can do more with theirs and all of them work. The area where ESPN beats it IMO though is that you can get through all the hot routes in a matter of seconds and not have to switch to a bunch of different players to do so. That's where Sega's is shall we say, hmmm easier to pull off. I think what SoMiss meant when he said more effecitve is that in madden you actually SEE everything change and work accordingly. QB spy you don't see it on the coach cam and you really cannot tell if it works effectively in ESPN. All is well I like both systems, but I prefer ESPN's because its ease of use, however I prefer madden's depth and actual effectiveness.

Last edited by LBzrule; 08-10-2004 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:31 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
I think what SoMiss meant when he said more effecitve is that in madden you actually SEE everything change and work accordingly. QB spy you don't see it on the coach cam and you really cannot tell if it works effectively. All is well I like both systems, but I prefer ESPN's because its ease of use, however I prefer madden's depth and actual effectiveness.
Exactly!

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 08-10-2004, 11:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

The prob though is that Madden's pre-snap is perfect...if you've got plenty of time to pull it off before the ball is snapped. Realistically, you can't make big changes as quickly as you can in ESPN -- and even if you can pull them off against the CPU, a human opponent (vs. or online) would probably just snap the ball to mess you up (and if you touch the right thumbstick when the ball is snapped you'll fall over...my friend enjoyed doing to this to me while I was trying to learn how to use defensive playmaker.

Personally, I don't really care cuz I don't use defensive shifts very often...I would only use it to adjust to some kind of odd motion in the offense. In ESPN, I call my play based off of the formation that the offense picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »