Home

New ESPN Football 2K5

This is a discussion on New ESPN Football 2K5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 10:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
New ESPN Football 2K5

Personally, I was a big Madden fan but for 20 bucks are you kidding. The gameplay is equal to if not better than Madden, the graphics are tight, and the Crib is a pretty cool thing too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 10:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: New ESPN Football 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers32
Personally, I was a big Madden fan but for 20 bucks are you kidding. The gameplay is equal to if not better than Madden, the graphics are tight, and the Crib is a pretty cool thing too.
Agreed...im also a long time Madden gamer and ESPN is better all around imho
Old 08-10-2004, 10:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

ESPN has absolutely ruined Madden for me. Sega's game is so far superior to Madden in just about every way that I cant even play Madden any more.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:51 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdirtbag
ESPN has absolutely ruined Madden for me. Sega's game is so far superior to Madden in just about every way that I cant even play Madden any more.
The only big differences i see are
ESPN- Graphics
Madden- Franchise

I prefer a more playable franchise mode, they both have great gameplay, Madden's DBs don't frustrate me as much, but its really hard to tell which is better. Hard to choose, if I had to choose one I might go with Madden, but for 20$ ESPN is a WAY better deal!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 01:35 AM   #5
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz50
The only big differences i see are
ESPN- Graphics
Madden- Franchise

I prefer a more playable franchise mode, they both have great gameplay, Madden's DBs don't frustrate me as much, but its really hard to tell which is better. Hard to choose, if I had to choose one I might go with Madden, but for 20$ ESPN is a WAY better deal!!!
Yeah, ESPN franchise mode needs alot of work, especially the draft. But its just such a beautiful game on the field that I'm trying to overlook its faults for now.

The only gameplay flaw that really bothers me is the DB glitches. Don't get me wrong, I know DBs in real life make mistakes. However, in real life I don't think I've ever seen a safety backpedal TOWARDS the line of scrimmage while the ball passed over his head! It doesn't happen frequently but its incredibly ugly when it does.

One thing I love about this game that I haven't seen too many people mention is running WR corner routes when inside the opponent's 10 yard line and lobbing the ball over the CB. That's a bread 'n butter play in the NFL, and I've never seen it look as realistic nor work as well as it does in NFL2k5! I'm almost starting to think it works too well, but it looks so cool that I just don't care for now!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »