Home

I've Seen The Light . . .

This is a discussion on I've Seen The Light . . . within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Talking I've Seen The Light . . .

I'm the "average guy." I have been playing video football since the Mattel handhelds through Tecmo Bowl through Sega Genesis through 3DO and on. After playing five games of Madden 2005 on my Xbox, I put 2K5 back in. Wow. The first thing I noticed was the graphical clarity of 2K5 over Madden. It was like putting on a pair of glasses. The second thing I noticed was that the game play just seemed more responsive - I felt more in control of the action . . .

Madden is still a great football game. I have given EA a good chunk of money over the years, (including this year) but 2K5 wins my "Pepsi Challenge." I also realize that 2K5 is by far a "perfect" game, and Sega has room to improve upon bugs and glitches that have already been identified by most of you. Still, I am having a blast with it. Madden is sitting on the shelf right now. Who knows, maybe three months from now I will change my mind, but for some reason I think things are a little different this year.

Just the "average guy's" opinion.

Last edited by mcquillian; 08-10-2004 at 10:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2004, 10:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: I've Seen The Light . . .

hhmmm... i love 2k5 don't get me wrong, but the presentation and graphics don't give me any reason what so ever to pick ESPN over Madden. Gameplay does, or would... The DBs are so inferior to those in madden when playing on all-madden. they don't get smarter they just hit harder and run faster, maddens get better, but the big difference is how smart they play. ESPN's running game is slightly better, but a slightly better running game.

thats my oppinion, i love espn, its a great game, both are and i'm still glad i got this game, i still would have bought it for $50

(i got banned from espnvideogames.com for saying something like this, nothing wrong with that is there?)
Old 08-10-2004, 10:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Cool Re: I've Seen The Light . . .

First off - you should not get banned for expressing your opinion. That's the purpose of these boards. If you are playing on "All Madden," my hats off to you. I am not that good of a player - just one that appreciates the evolution of video football games. As I previously stated, I enjoy both games, however for me the fun factor (how the game responds and plays as well as the visuals just seems to make NFL 2K5 a better match for me - your millage may vary)

I will say that it is great that we have not one but two quality games out there this year. Competition breeds a better product. Next year is only going to get better.

Ohio State Buckeyes
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Lakers
Cincinnati Reds

"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice." - Ted Knight (Judge Smails) in Caddyshack.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:57 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

also, I didn't get any warning or anything, just out of nowhere, perma ban, my ip, not just my account. I can't even get into the forums now there. back to topic:

I think if ESPN had a better franchise it would be the better game, madden has to add alot of presentation and animations, espn just has to come up with a good franchise mode that has a "working" draft and progression system
Old 08-11-2004, 07:07 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz50
also, I didn't get any warning or anything, just out of nowhere, perma ban, my ip, not just my account. I can't even get into the forums now there. back to topic:

I think if ESPN had a better franchise it would be the better game, madden has to add alot of presentation and animations, espn just has to come up with a good franchise mode that has a "working" draft and progression system

You can get into any forum you've been banned from by using a proxy server. Hee hee
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »