Home

Is ESPN getting boring for anyone?

This is a discussion on Is ESPN getting boring for anyone? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 12:08 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Is ESPN getting boring for anyone?

I got Madden yesterday but this morning I was playing ESPN.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:15 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 14

I usually dont get bored until I find money plays and start to win every game. At this point I have not found any real money plays, like the slant or flag patterns was last year, and I am still really challenged by the ai. At this point I am happy to win games.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:20 PM   #19
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

I played Madden for like 4 games then i put ESPN back in the Xbox .I was like now this is football, don't get me wrong i like Madden it plays a good game of football too but i like ESPN better.One thing that bothers me with Madden is u cant change button layout why would they do that it was in last years game
Old 08-11-2004, 12:30 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 17

this game is fun as hell. the only thing that's getting old is the commentary. if i hear "...it's like tearing out a single page of war and peace" again, i might scream. but the game is super fun.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:35 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

I recently went into a funk with the game becoming too easy. Found out the problem was probably my slider settings were similar to the CPU (See slider discussion sticky) so there was no "difficulty gap" now that I have gotten adept at playing offense. So last night I just played on default "Legend" and got my butt handed to me for the first time in awhile, it felt good in a painful way.

If you are getting bored, take a step back for several days, then come back to it. As fun as these football games are, playing them everyday is bound to make you sick of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 12:41 PM   #22

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
ESPN NFL is the very first game where I actually sit and watch every replay, every cut scene and watch SC and the halftime shows religously without skipping any of it. I'm having one heck of a time playing the game and show no sign of slowing down.
No kidding. I takes me like 2 hours to play a game b/c i love watching the replays. The animations are SICK!!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #23
Pro

Catman24's Arena

OVR: 5

No am not bore with this game. And yes am a huge Madden fan. I just play both of them. Two games of Madden than two games of ESPN. We are now living in a world of great football ball games and it seems that no one is really appreciating that fact. Man i am having Big Time fun with these games. Thank you ESPN. Thank you Madden. Money well spent.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:25 PM   #24
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

Having both games puts things in a different perspective. I like what EA did with Maddne this year. Granted they removed the arcadiness of last years title and revamped the defense, but there is just something missing. All of the guys who were die hard Madden Fans (I was at one time too), kept saying that ESPN didn't "feel right" which is why they didn't like the game. Well, I'm starting to feel the same way, except about Madden. After playing the game for 14 (now 15 years), I may have to retire it for good. I do feel bad in a way about it, but the overall package (at least non franchise mode wise) in ESPN is great. After playing Madden monday night, I am slowly starting to shift to ESPN as my sole football game that I love most. The game is so far from boring. Last night in one of my league games (in the rain), one of my receivers made a FALLING CATCH FOR A TD!!! That was the first time I have EVER SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN A GAME!! Both me and my opponent were shocked talking about it after our game. It's the little things like that which make me appreciate the job VC has done. Granted they still have improvements to make, but no game will EVER be perfect. I'll accept that (for now..). I'm gonna give Madden another shot tomorrow night, but it's hard. I really only play Madden for the online league that I've been in for over 2 years now. EA, in my opinion, overcompensated on defense to make the game more "realistic". Guys in the secondary break on balls rediculously. I'll accept that if it means that guys will have to learn something other than bombs to win. There also seems to be a lot of guys who don't care for Madden 2005 (probably the ones who can't be corny anymore...lol).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »