Home

Do you like the tapping

This is a discussion on Do you like the tapping within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 01:27 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Do you like the tapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkangil
I hate mashing the button. It just feels like im playing street fighter or something. They need to make the charge a shoulder button and let me hold the button to speed burst.
ya exactly, I hope they find some way to do it a little better, I would feel alot more comfortable not having to mach.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:31 AM   #10
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

i like the tapping because i feel i like i am in control more. i like the fact you can link moves you can tap, hit another move and still keep the speed.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:07 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

It's okay......it's probably the biggest speedbump on the learning curve for me, but I'm starting to get it. I have a hard time maintaining full speed on a long run (you can tell by the position of the guy's head), but it's certainly gratifying when you go just fast enough to outrun everyone else.

While it's related to this, I like The Charge too. I've been able to pull off some incredible jukes with it, taking 2 or 3 guys out of their cleats at times. It all looks realistic though - and if you get hit in the middle of one of these, you're almost certainly going down at best - at worst....IT'S A FUMBLE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 03:23 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think it is very smart to tap the button. It makes sence becuase if you want to run faster, the faster you tap the fast the guy runs. it just seem much more real to me.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:30 AM   #13
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

i like tapping better because in madden i usually use up my speed burst way too early. If u dont wanna tap the button then just charge the meter then press speed burst and u get a super speed burst..... just in case u guys didn't know.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:53 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

don't think tapping is realistic the guys speed is based on your ability to tap buttons not his actually speed.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:23 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
don't think tapping is realistic the guys speed is based on your ability to tap buttons not his actually speed.
that is kind of what i think, its not good for simulation's sake and thats why it feels kinda of arcady. it shouldn't be based on the speed of your thumb at all, you actually have to tap it very very fast to get up to full speed and break tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 04:29 AM   #16
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkangil
I hate mashing the button. It just feels like im playing street fighter or something. They need to make the charge a shoulder button and let me hold the button to speed burst.
actually you can configure the buttons in this game.

but i think most of us agree, the tapping needs to go! still love the game but the tapping is BS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »