Home

Do you like the tapping

This is a discussion on Do you like the tapping within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 04:40 AM   #17
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Do you like the tapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I prefer ESPN's tapping or holding it down to power up over Madden. Nothing like charging up and running over someone with rour RB>
Now there's something we can agree upon.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:15 AM   #18
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
don't think tapping is realistic the guys speed is based on your ability to tap buttons not his actually speed.

I dont think thats true. Go to a practice and try tapping the botton with your fullback, then try tapping it with a fast reciever and you'll notice a big diffrence. The speed rating still does come into play as well as fatigue.

On that note, I think the botton tapping is immersive and the thing that I think Sega was tryna pull with it, is the simulation of a persons legs moving. Its nothing like being in a footrace with a defender and knowing your botton mashing gave you the edge in beating him out.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:20 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think it adds a lot more interaction. Besides, what player can run full sprint downfield anyway?
Old 08-11-2004, 10:31 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzormagen
I think it is very smart to tap the button. It makes sence becuase if you want to run faster, the faster you tap the fast the guy runs. it just seem much more real to me.
i agreee i think it involves u more into what's going on in the game. just holding down a button and watching the guy run i don't find fun. sometime i feel exhausted (at least my hand do) when i break a long run. so the next play i'll usually just call a run play and lay off the tapping.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:33 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wasn't a big fan of the tapping at first ...but I am used to it now. If I had a choice I would rather not have to tap but rather hold it down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 10:35 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't just like the tapping, I love the tapping.

Seriously though .. I think it's better than just holding down the button to sprint. What's so challenging about just having to hold down a button?
Old 08-11-2004, 11:44 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 14

Track and Field is one of my favorite arcade games ever, the main reason I built a mame cabinet. Imagine how boring track and field would be if all you did was hold down a button, that game is all about frenetic tapping. Like track and field one of the staples of the 2k series is the tapping it adds immerisiveness and excitement, IMO it would be a mistake to take it out. I also enjoy tappin' dat azz.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:12 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Personally, I don't understand the aversion to the tapping. I like the challenge of deciding between powering up or tapping for a slight max speed bump. In any case, let's be clear--a faster player is still faster even if you don't tap! It's not like everyone runs at the same speed, and you only get them to run to their maximum speed by tapping. And fatigue does make a huge difference in speed regardless of the tapping. Also, I find that I'm more likely to fumble if my player is fatigued, and I'm trying to use the power up, or any of the special moves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »