Home

Do you like the tapping

This is a discussion on Do you like the tapping within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 12:51 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Do you like the tapping

Its not a big deal at al, but I would slightly prefer to just hold down the button for sprinting, or not having to tap the button so damn fast.

I haven't heard any oppinions from true ESPN fans what they think of it, alot of Madden fans hate it, but I really don't know if they are just being biased and making a big deal out of it.

Does anyone want to share their oppinions on it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 12:55 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Do you like the tapping

I prefer ESPN's tapping or holding it down to power up over Madden. Nothing like charging up and running over someone with rour RB>
Old 08-11-2004, 12:57 AM   #3
MVP

I agree, I love the charging, but the whole idea seems a little arcadish too me. I think what they should do is tell you to hold it and then just use the regular jukes and make the RB's natural ability to break tackles greater so you don't have to tap. Or else make you hold it and then only tap when you need to break tackles.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:04 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz50

I haven't heard any oppinions from true ESPN fans what they think of it,
well since its been around since 2k, yeah id have to say most espn fans like it. A little arcadish? Well until we can strap on pads and run it ourself in a videogame, anything you do with the controller is gonna be arcadish cause it is a game afterall =P A common misconception is that if you tap it really fast youll outrun anyone which really isnt the case. Its probably a relatively low rate of tapping that tops the player out at top speed. I think its a hell of a lot more exciting to bust a big run in ESPN tappin frantically then in NCAA where you just hold the button down.... just my opinion though
Old 08-11-2004, 01:09 AM   #5
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I like it and I think "arcadish" is thrown around WAAAAAAAY too much!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 01:18 AM   #6
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm not really an ESPN fan, this is my first year playing the game after playing lots of Madden & NCAA over the years.

I don't really like having to tap for speed, but I'm willing to put up with it. I'd prefer if any tapping at all caused you to run at full speed rather than your speed being proportional to your tapping speed. I'm constantly having to switch from thumb to index finger cuz I just can't tap fast enough with my thumb on breakaways!

It reminds me too much of those lame Olympics games from long ago where you had to rapidly tap two keys to make your track runner move his L & R legs! Geez, those sucked. Haven't played any Olympics video games in a real long time, but I imagine they still do that -- anyone know?
Old 08-11-2004, 01:19 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I like it and I think "arcadish" is thrown around WAAAAAAAY too much!
ya i agree, but button mashing reminds me so much of Soul Calibur and mortal combat, i just wish it were more precise.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:22 AM   #8
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

I hate mashing the button. It just feels like im playing street fighter or something. They need to make the charge a shoulder button and let me hold the button to speed burst.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »