Home

Espn!!!!

This is a discussion on Espn!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Espn!!!!

I have been pretty busy playing NCAA so I hadn't got a chance to play ESPN (PS2) yet. I finally started playing it regularly last week and I must say it is the best football game that I have ever played, honestly. It just plays so fluidly. I am a big franchise nut so I am hoping that the offseason is at least decent, I have heard that it pales in comparison to Madden's. What do yall think about the off-season stuff? I am almost there 7-4 (Texans). This is the first time that I haven't simmed a game in a season and I don't plan on it (anytime soon at least). How's the off-season yall?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 04:51 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Espn!!!!

I for one enjoy the off season. The only problem (and this doesn't bother me) is that the CPU only drafts about 5 positions (forgot which ones they were) in the first round. To even it out, I plan on only drafting that way too in round 1.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:52 PM   #3
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by albsur2003
I have been pretty busy playing NCAA so I hadn't got a chance to play ESPN (PS2) yet. I finally started playing it regularly last week and I must say it is the best football game that I have ever played, honestly. It just plays so fluidly. I am a big franchise nut so I am hoping that the offseason is at least decent, I have heard that it pales in comparison to Madden's. What do yall think about the off-season stuff? I am almost there 7-4 (Texans). This is the first time that I haven't simmed a game in a season and I don't plan on it (anytime soon at least). How's the off-season yall?

Well I got some good news and some bad news. No just kidding, I got nothing but bad news.

Its alot of ppl on this board that really hates the CPU AI trade logic. Its also been reported that the cpu only picks QBs, HBs, DTs and WRs in the first round of the draft despite already being stocked in one of those positions.

In other words, its reported to be flawed. But for me and a few others who dont care what the cpu teams do in the offseason as well as trading, then you've got nothing to worry about.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:09 PM   #4
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Well I got some good news and some bad news. No just kidding, I got nothing but bad news.

Its alot of ppl on this board that really hates the CPU AI trade logic. Its also been reported that the cpu only picks QBs, HBs, DTs and WRs in the first round of the draft despite already being stocked in one of those positions.

In other words, its reported to be flawed. But for me and a few others who dont care what the cpu teams do in the offseason as well as trading, then you've got nothing to worry about.
I'm not trying to disagree, but don't most teams try and take the best player available? (in most cases) There's no such thing as "enough depth" in the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »