Home

One Day and Back to ESPN Football

This is a discussion on One Day and Back to ESPN Football within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2004, 11:00 AM   #17
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: One Day and Back to ESPN Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSB215
Reading these posts makes me think I got some alien copy of ESPN 2k5 that I was playing for two weeks and couldnt take all the unrealistic arcadey bullsh** that was going on in the game. Maybe I got some flawed copy. I went 10-0 on Legend with the Eagles basically dropping back throwing bombs to Owens when he was triple covered half the time and the games just feels so cheap. Madden to me is way way way way more realistic. But I respect your opinions. I just dont understand.

Wow, maybe you do have a alien copy. Or you're the best cheeser this side of the planet.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:00 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
i understand what somiss is saying but...on the other hand..the gameplay makes me not want to play madden at all!!!! it's not realistic at all....i can't stand it..just playing in frnachise n not doing the onfield it makes no sense!!! that's why madden will stay it's crummy behind out of my system!!
sorry, but there are a lot of ESPN guys, myself included, that think Madden plays a great game on the field this year.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 08-12-2004, 11:20 AM   #19
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19

honestly, madden 2005 feels like a copy of madden 2004 with slightly improved graphics, updated rosters, more defensive controls/def. ai, and added franchise stuff. The gameplay feels the same, such as the passing and running, and it feels just like an arcade version of football with a slightly slower pace. I'm still giving this game more time before I decide which game is better. But so far, it's not really interesting me, other than the franchise mode.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:23 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
sorry, but there are a lot of ESPN guys, myself included, that think Madden plays a great game on the field this year.
Could you please tell me what you enjoy about Madden's on-field gameplay? Thank you
Old 08-12-2004, 11:27 AM   #21
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

This is the first year that I haven't even wanted to get Madden. I might rent it but I'm very happy with ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2004, 12:55 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

I have this years Madden and it is really hard to get into. I think the problem is the graphics and animations are so repetitive, not to mention outdated, that it makes the experience less immersive than ESPN. Like it or not, graphics are huge in sports games because part of what we want is to re-create what we see on TV. In this respect Madden is way inferior to ESPN, and therefore unenjoyable to me. The gameplay in madden gets you towards more realistic stats than ESPN, but not by enough to make me want to play it reguarly.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:10 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

I won't necessarily bash Madden because I like the improvements on defense. This issue with me is the overall look of both games. I hate that Madden still has like 1 catch animation (and like 3 different small versions of the same one). After playing Madden the first day, I went back and saw just how versatile the players are in ESPN. Receivers make catches according to how the ball is thrown. Running backs get skiny and push off the backs of their linemen. A lob pass that the receiver stuggles to catch looks like he really struggled in ESPN. In Madden the receiver either speeds up supernaturally to get under the ball, or just can't get to it. Anyway, I'm happy with both games, bugs, glitches and all.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:45 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm in the same boat as the original poster. I played the same exact game with Madden as I did with ESPN the first time I played each of them. I got punished trying some of the s*^t I was trying in ESPN and when I try the same stuff in Madden I get TD's and long gains. I would just go through and call whatever I felt like and push a button and suddenly Drew Brees is an all-pro and San Diego is a great passing team. I CANNOT do that with ESPN! I must use some thought and football knowledge to succed with ESPN. Also the commentary absolutely stinks for Madden. Repetitive animations abound. I can't believe these guys put their names on these games.(Madden, Michaels) Also I couldn't run with Tomlinson against Detroit, but I can throw for 450 and 5 td's? If someone who likes Madden can truly explain this in an educated tone I would love to hear it! Madden will be sold on Ebay and I've just bought my last Madden game and all of you Madden lovers can yell and scream all you want to but that is my opinion and that's what these boards are for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »