Home

as a 2k fan i broke down n bought madden..for the first time in life

This is a discussion on as a 2k fan i broke down n bought madden..for the first time in life within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2004, 12:24 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: as a 2k fan i broke down n bought madden..for the first time in life

I too, made the mistake of trading in ESPN after all of the madden hype. I posted this in another thread:

I got caught up in all of the Madden hype. You see, I'm a big fan of the franchise mode. I must say that Madden's franchise mode is simply amazing, but then I had to think to myself, "What's the point?" How can I enjoy a franchise mode when the actual game makes me want to bash my head against the wall. Madden is so stale. I think I may have fallen asleep during one of my games. After 3 solid weeks with ESPN playing madden is like watching paint dry. It's horrible!

I can deal with ESPN's very basic franchise. (turning of weekly prep and pre-season does seem to fix the crazy trades.) I can deal with my DB's occasionally looking like ******s and spinning around in circles for an interception. This has only happened to me a few times, and hey, DB's screw up IRL also.

I miss playing a game that actually feels like football. Madden just doesnt feel like I'm actually playing on a sunday afternoon. (If that makes any sense) Hell, I have to play 16 or so games each season. I dont care how great the franchise mode is when I can barely get through one game without wanting to go do something else.

I just wish I still had my original copy of ESPN and didnt have to get a new one. I actually feel bad for trading it in! I want to give it a big hug and say that I'm sorry. Ha.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:51 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
n now i can't wait to bring back madden 2005 to EB..today..man i love my 2k5 soo much!!!..the trades is just active teams n coaches..i realized how great this game is..I NEED MY 2K5 BACK!! n i'm sorry i comlained about it..at least i bought madden & see what all the crazy fans are about...ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!! how can u watch a football game then turn on that game....shh!! i'll never know.....BUT THIS EXPERIENCE JUST MADE MY LOVE for vc,espn,sega, and nfl 2k unbreakable!! damn it if only i'd know it was gonna be like this!
Hilarious post, and sorry to hear about the loss of 2K5. I took Madden back to EB this morning without ever opening the box. And I’d never let go of 2K5… way too good of a game, even with its flaws.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:14 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayPixel
I just wish I still had my original copy of ESPN and didnt have to get a new one. I actually feel bad for trading it in! I want to give it a big hug and say that I'm sorry. Ha.
Haha Stray, thanks for the new quote in my signature!!! :y4: :y4:

Old 08-12-2004, 02:40 PM   #20
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

what you played the game for five minutes and said oh it sux, I don't know if anyone told you that the pro level is easy, That you should have bumped it up to all Madden and then state you opinion, but hey its your opinion. Your story is just like mine but the complete oppisite, I been a big 2k fan for every and I know love Madden again. Oh well to each his own, I still think you should tweaked the game a bit more before crying.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-12-2004, 02:50 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
"the players looked unreal,n the whole stadium looked like a cartoon..the crowd was vomit"

ROTFLMAO

JUst like me, ESPN has spoiled you with graphics and presentation. I think Madden may play a better game of football but the look and feel of it is best described as "stale". ESPn captures the best element, and thats the feeling that you're watching a football game on sunday afternoon.
The stadiums are better than ESPN, but everything else isn't graphicswise.

IMO Maddens gameplay is better and the players move more fluidly, but then again the tackles ren't as smooth as ESPN, but have better mocap so its looks mroe natural even if they repeat animations.

Madden does seem more dated on the field, but all in all the gameplay seems better to me and the franchises can't even be comapred because ESPN's barely works.

I agree with TCrouch and his review on Madden, I have loved ESPN/2K for the last 2 years, but right now I'm leaning towards Madden. ESPN is great, the player models are amazing, and the presentation is too.

I will still keep ESPN and play it by all means, just not as much. I love both games I haven't seen anything to question buying next years version of both games.

Madden is great and all, but I feel its mostly better because ESPN messed up on DB AI in the gameplay, some major online and gamekilling franchise flaws keep me from liking it as much, and the things that Terry mentioned in the Madden review make me like it alot this year.

I hope there is a clear winner next year, I think EA has the resources, but ESPN just has to get rid of things and fix things EA will have to add new player models yet again, and make the tackling system just like ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2004, 03:05 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

Intead of bying Maden u should hav lended it from a freind and
saved 50 bucks.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:11 PM   #23
Rookie

pbtiger's Arena

OVR: 3
Post Re: as a 2k fan i broke down n bought madden..for the first time in life

I will not speak of Madden 2005, but I will say I only played about 10 games of Madden 2004 before I became very bored with it. The mini camp and the franchise were nice features, but the gameplay was basically the same as it had been in prior years. So, for the first time since the days of the Nintendo and Sega Genesis, I bought a different pro game this year, ESPN. Yes, there are some bugs, but, I tell you, I had forgotten the pro game could be fun to play until this year. All in all I would say both games have their merits (at least my past experience with the Madden series would indicate this) and I think it just comes down to personal preference. In all honesty, had ESPN not been $20 I can't say for sure I would have purchased it this year. I sure am glad I did.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:17 PM   #24
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

solja, read everything you wrote, switch madden and espn everywhere and tell me you wouldn't be going off on someone that wrote the same thing.

from the sounds of it you played one game. if more, maybe 2 or 3. you don't mention what level but it sounds like you just popped the game in so that probably means PRO. and finally, you're completely used to a different style so there's no way you could play one game, adjust to the style you'd need to possibly enjoy madden and then make an opinion.

i'm saying this b/c i am one of the first to jump on someone if they made a post like that about ESPN. nothing wrong with not liking the game but it's not fair to criticize it SOO much and curse its name without clearly giving it any chance at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »