Home

One thing I don't get.

This is a discussion on One thing I don't get. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2004, 04:25 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: One thing I don't get.

Also another thing I've noticed is that some games are simply "deader" than others. Something I like too. If it's a division game, the crowds are more into it. Same goes if it's a close game and whatnot. If you have a good record and other team is total crap, the crowd isn't into it much or if it's becoming a blowout. It's pretty dynamic!

I like the hecklers in the game. Like the time I was at Philadelphia. Owens and Kalu were out for the game. Then Pinkston gets injured in the 1st. Westbrook got injured in the 2nd. Their defense was holding which kept the game low scoring and close because they're offense couldn't do crap. Anyhow, after every other 3 and out that heckler guy would yell "Whooooo! You CAN'T stop us!!! You can't stop us!!!!! Wooooo!" As you see McNabb walking to the sidelines, shaking his head, throwing his arms up in disgust as his 3rd string WR drop another pass. WR also hopping up and down looking at his hands. And that heckler guy letting him know what's up. Hahaha.

Last edited by Sleeper; 08-12-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:36 PM   #10
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

ESPN's presentation gets much more than an "Edge" when compared to the new Madden. My Madden copy lasted all of 48 hours and was returned for Inside Drive and some online roundball play YEAH !!! The lack of environment and presentaion in Madden did nothing but irritate the hell out of me. After playing 5 or 6 games of the stale, boring, drab, glitchy, over-rated, poor excuse of a football game called MADDEN 2005, I returned to my ESPN looking for something to wake me up. The very first running play from scrimmage had me jumping for joy!!! Madden's presentation or gameplay can't come even close to touching ESPN this year !!!

And OMFG, what's up with Madden's skanky, flabby stomached, nappy haired, not good enough for a one night stand CHEERLEADERS !!! Everytime they popped up on the screen, all I could see was a walking advertisement for STD's !!!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 05:53 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

(Response to Original Post)

Well, the crowd noise could be better, but I do not think it is bad enough to really detract from the game. Now I would like to hear them go nuts if their home team takes the lead at the end of the game, or even wins the game on a last second play, as well as getting some excitement out of Dan and Peter on these types of plays. I have had two overtime games I have won at home so far, just to have the crowd, and Dan and Peter act like they were watching a heated Chinese Checkers match. Yawn. At the very least, we do get 'AWWWWWS' when the home team misses a field goal. And we do get 'YAYS' when the home team scores a touchdown. Maybe with Xbox Next we will get more situation-specific crowd and commentator involvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »