Home

Franchise Mode; Madden vs. ESPN

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode; Madden vs. ESPN within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2004, 11:28 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Franchise Mode; Madden vs. ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIGORANGE
i dont care what happens in other teams franchise, i will take all the stupid moves and run with it, its hard enuff on coach mode anyway, no matter what game your playin. its just a game.
Hey Big Orange – I was a middle school teacher for a dozen years. One morning I literally couldn’t get out of bed… my body refused to get up!

That was three years of illness plus four more years ago and I haven’t taught since. What I do though is have fun in life now and try not to worry about stuff (major cause of that illness). And the least of my worries these days would be something like a video game that doesn’t pick draft choices in the correct order:-)

ESPN is TOO unbelievably good to get down on it for too long. And you’re right: one can just play franchise mode straight up – the way it is out of the box, bugs and all – and still have a blast. The least of my worries would be facing a team with seven of the best HB’s in league on their team. Heck, just play lots of run defence!
Old 08-14-2004, 11:55 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

AMEN my brother!..
Old 08-14-2004, 03:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great replies guys and it's great to hear some mature, adult conversation going on here instead of blasting each other like is the norm around here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2004, 03:46 PM   #12
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

^^^Ya. Its hard to find this kind of intelligent conversation anywhere else on the net. The Mods do a good job weeding out the fanboys and knuckleheads. Excellent posts by both Feeq and Baa. Feeq gave a near flawless breakdown of the differences, and Baa gave a nice solution for the ESPN shortcomings. Bottom line, its a helluva' time to be a football gamer.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 08-14-2004 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:49 PM   #13
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Can people explain what the Storyline mode is in Madden? I'm a ESPN fan and haven't played Madden in years, but I love franchise mode and am just really curious.

Also, how is the radio with Bruno in Madden? Does he really talk about your team and certain players? Do callers call in? Does it get repetitive? What else happens with it and how often do you listen to it?

How do you like the owner hiring and firing coaches, too? THANKS!
Old 08-14-2004, 10:41 PM   #14
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Man BigOrange and Baa7 you guys are my soulmates. I am an elementary teacher, was a coach for 8 years before the politics and parents wore me down. Had emergency surgery on June 1st, still recovering. My little brother died on June 21st unexpectedly at age 34 from a heart attack leaving behind 7 and 9 year old sons.

With all of this crap that I have endured this summer, I relish the opportunity to lose myself in ESPN Football and baseball. I have enjoyed both titles so much, they have been great rehabilitation for me. I have the most oddball additions with both games that enhance the experience for me and it isn't anything that can be found in the game. I look at these games as such... games. I come onto these boards to try and find little nuggets to enhance my enhancements, like recently reading you can flip a running direction by audibling and clicking r3. I just shake my head when I read someone complaining that the nosehairs of Brian Urlacher are not correct.

Thank you both gentlemen for your posts, they put into words what I have been feeling but unable to verbalize.

P.S. Things are looking up a little. Was able to make my lifetime trip to Canton last weekend for the induction ceremony of my football idol John Elway, and tour of the museum. What a "religious" experience. I highly recommend that trip to any true football person. Canton is our Mecca.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:55 AM   #15
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah, I live west of Cleveland and go to school in Kent. I haven't been to the Hall in a while, but it's been a bigger thrill than going to Cedar Point (the bigtime amusement park if you didn't know).

Storyline mode is basically you managing your players. You get e-mails from players and agents. For example, I'm with the Browns. I got an e-mail from Courtney Brown's agent saying how excited he is about going to a pro bowl. Another I got from Kevin Bentley, thanking me for making him a starter. You'll also get ones like an agent concerned because a contract is up. Tony Bruno's radio show is awesome. I do see redundancy, but it's when i start the franchise up again and in Week One of the 2004 season, he always starts with something on stadiums or something like that. The second year, he always starts with something about a player not attending camp to shoot a movie.

My view on the differences between the two franchise modes. ESPN is for the wannabe coaches. Madden is for the wannabe GMs. Only if we could find a way to mutate Madden's draft classes with ESPN's Mel Kiper previews.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 01:27 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
Smile Re: Franchise Mode; Madden vs. ESPN

hey hammer-hang in there bro, you still could be teachin'!(ha!) man we started school this wk and i'm killed. these games are just that-games. we as adults look to these games as a way to escape from the daily stresses of life. i enjoy both espn and i am beginning to enjoy madden. i think that both games have something to offer this season. i agree with you that we should be able to come here and look for good info about the games that will help us to understand them better, not to flame a game or flame someone for their opinion. i enjoy reading these posts and will continue to do so for i am one who loves playing these games for the enjoyment that they bring me and will not flame a company for their incompetence in the video game industry. happy gaming to all!...Tommy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »