Home

Franchise Mode; Madden vs. ESPN

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode; Madden vs. ESPN within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2004, 07:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Franchise Mode; Madden vs. ESPN

I have both games and ESPN seems like more my kind of game single player-wise. What are the differences that everyone keeps talking about between the two as far as franchise mode is concerned? What are the problems that bring it down that people keep talking about? Is it really that broken? Because if it is I might have to keep the both of them and useMadden to sim seasons and just play games with ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 07:44 PM   #2
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Franchise Mode; Madden vs. ESPN

ibtl
Old 08-13-2004, 11:58 PM   #3
Rookie

that reply reveals nothing!!!
Old 08-14-2004, 12:25 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Madden Franchise includes.- Fair possibly overly genrous player progression, mini camp training, storyline central which is ok but nothing incredible for, owner mod which is great for the changing in coaches and the fact that retired players come back to coach, it also lets you change your uniform and move your team, the free agency and offseason modes are all well done, all in all a very polished and complete franchise mode and probably its best asset.

ESPN includes- Weekly prep which is pretty good but can get tedious and i just skip it after my team gets good. Other than that it has no features worth noting, no owner mode, no training camp, no storyline central which i could deal with if it wasnt for all the buggy issues in Espns franchise mode

the GM ai is suspect they make ridiculous trades and the NFL draft is goofy becuase they only draft WR, HB, DE, T in the first round which means that about 20 plus teams basicaly waste their first round picks and even in the second round when they draft any position they draft players for random positions that they dont need.

player progression is erratic at best, you might have a pro bowl season and your players ratings wont budge, players get better and worse for practically no reason. To top it all off the schedules don t change which was the last draw for me. You end up playing at least 14 of your 16 games against the same teams every year when it really shouldnt be any more than 8 ever and thats only because you have 6 divisional games

ny advice play maddens franchise and play single games on espn
Old 08-14-2004, 09:45 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
To top it all off the schedules don t change which was the last draw for me. You end up playing at least 14 of your 16 games against the same teams every year when it really shouldnt be any more than 8 ever and thats only because you have 6 divisional games

my advice play maddens franchise and play single games on espn
I’ve noticed in franchise that with pre-season games switched off, many of my AFC-NFC match-ups – often three of the four games – take place in the pre-season. If I switch pre-season games on, I seem to get more of those match-ups in the regular season.

There are a million ways to play this game, even its broken franchise. How about: taking control of all teams. Draft for all teams – only takes an afternoon, just like the pros – then let the CPU do the signing and whatever. Give yourself three years to take a team to the Superbowl. Then switch to a different lousy team in a different conference with a different schedule and try to win with them.

I used to make goalposts out of my parents’ cigarette packages (the old H posts) and flip plastic coins thru the uprights from various distances down the hallway in our house. Now that was football!!! We have lost our imaginations… no, video games have sucked our imaginations out of us. If VC or EA doesn’t program it in, we’re lost:-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2004, 09:50 AM   #6
Rookie

feeq14, baa7
Thanks for the input. Does anyone else have any workarounds or input for the franchise in ESPN
Old 08-14-2004, 10:05 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesvan
feeq14, baa7
Thanks for the input. Does anyone else have any workarounds or input for the franchise in ESPN
There's a couple of threads going right now on the subject... try "Draft Fix #9", page five maybe... started by me, but with lots of great input:-)

I don't know how to do the link thing... and I still haven't found out where the smileys have disappeared to.

Last edited by baa7; 08-14-2004 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:08 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
Smile Re: Franchise Mode; Madden vs. ESPN

hey baa7- big orange here, tryin to play football during "CHARLIE" is tuff, but gettin "r" done! btw I'm with you on the imagination thing, H*** i use to take football cards and bend the top edge of the card down and have lineman, qb, and rb and flip them with my finger to move up the field. i could go on but i have played 1 game of madden and that was tuesday and i ain't put it in the tray since. i evenyually will, probably today, but i am still enjoying espn. i dont care what happens in other teams franchise, i will take all the stupid moves and run with it, its hard enuff on coach mode anyway, no matter what game your playin. H***, i'm still playin ncaa 2004, played last nite as a matter of fact and still haven't won NC. i'm in my 12th season and got beat by TCU ( i'm michigan) 23-20 in triple ot in the nc. anyway i enjoy the games for what they are, fun, and a way to relax from the stress of daily life( i'm a middle school teacher and coach and with a wife and 10 yr old things get tuff sometimes) happy gaming to all and enjoy, its just a game.-Tommy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »