Home

YAC nonexistent?

This is a discussion on YAC nonexistent? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2004, 04:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: YAC nonexistent?

I have no problems with getting YACs--it really depends on the route and traffic. You're not going to get a lot of YACs in ESPN without using Max Passing.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:00 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

you're right, yac is a problem... if you're into watching (which it seems a lot of people are). your problem is an easy one to fix... with practice of course. first step is max passing. the default pass hits the wr in stride with the perfect touch, ahead but slower if lobbed a bit and behind a bit but faster if a bullet. all of these options allow for the defender in man to be there to bring him down most of the time, in zone the defenders are around. a bit of max passing and a wr that can put it in 5th gear to go get it will have a bit more room to run.

the next step is making use of the MANY MANY options after you have the ball in your hand. many don't even use these when running and just worry about following blocks before maybe throwing a shoulder charge. when you catch it and have a step, throw a stiff arm, juke, spin, ANYTHING from the right stick. the game makes you do the work, it's not going to GIVE you yac just like on punts, kicks and some runs. personally i like being stopped b/c i couldn't pick the right move or pick it in time rather than just moving my stick left and right with an occassional speed burst and just watching.

finally it's play calling. yac on slants only happen if there's a nice cushion in the middle or no help over the top. try running a post instead of a slant where the ball gets there with the safety defending in a zone rather than a db with safety help over the top. also all plays have a primary receiver and many are set for the other receivers to block for him to try to create after the catch, not just screens. then there are the hundreds of plays to the flat, underneath patterns and hitch routes that will only work properly if used against the right defense.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:21 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

It is exixtint if you read the coverages right. If the CB is 3-5 yards off the WR audible an out pattern hot route. You will have to be quick to turn up field and juke any defenders. If they are tight on you send him deep or on a flag route. I have made big gains on post routes but it isn't easy you have to pass the ball at the right time so the WR can catch it in zone coverage between the safety and CB and quickly turn up field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2004, 12:08 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I get tons of YAC, I don't the exact #'s but I'll check my VIP when I play another game later tonight...

I use multiple hot routes and plenty of out patterns, this allows my to catch the lob pass & bust it long.... I get at least 1-2 60+ big plays a game, well maybe not 2 every game, but I've had my fair share.

When the safties do squeeze over the top I usually use a quick stiff arm & that sets me free....
Old 08-16-2004, 12:50 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 26

YAC, is none exixtent, man you must be crazy. I've been drinking yac for over 20 years, Hennessy, courvosier, remy, you name it. They don't sell yac in your nick of the woods.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »