Home

Ton Of Drops Online

This is a discussion on Ton Of Drops Online within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2004, 02:48 PM   #1
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7
Ton Of Drops Online

i have been getting drops online too often

My record is like 5-4 with 15 drops !

I notice some other people with a ton of drops also.

causes of drops ?

the last time i asked someone mentioned a patch - is this 100%sure that it is related to fixing the drops ? i havent' heard a lot of focus on drops...

is there any relation to drops and changing your substitutions this year ?

i noticed that if i play a game and make subs , the next game it will remember my subs , but always unregisters the game right away(this is seperate from the drops) so i have to reboot my Xbox after every game. This is what kind of has me wondering if subs also cause drops.

I get my drops when the game freezes and then it goes to opponent countdown because they eventually quit because of the freeze i assume?

occasioanaly i will get a message that my disk is dirty but the disk is brand new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 03:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Ton Of Drops Online

in Madden I get disconnected every game I play..
Old 08-15-2004, 08:41 PM   #3
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

i will keep upping this until someone can help , ive seen others with a ton of drops i know i am not the only one and this is ruining it for me
Old 08-17-2004, 07:08 AM   #4
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

Angry Re: Ton Of Drops Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinDihigo
i will keep upping this until someone can help , ive seen others with a ton of drops i know i am not the only one and this is ruining it for me

somebody please replay dammit - we can get 1000 replys to some post scrutinizing the the players eyebrows animation durring a rare cutscene , but a good standing member who is having a problem can't get any help ??

I am ready to use my Xbox warranty AND trade in my disc for a new copy , i can't take all these drops online and also get some disc errors offline.

It almost seems like the disc errors are related to doing too much (which is stupid) , but like if i go thru the menus and such too quickly it sounds like my Xbox is struggling up a mountain.

I have had a couple problems on startup with other games but not any problems online and once i get a game going offline there is rarely any problems with other games. This game is hardly playable considering the online drops and disc errors

Ive seen others with 15+ drops online - I am not alone - share the knowledge - has this exact problem been mentioned in the patch/fix ??
If no one can verify this i think i am just going to go w/out gaming for a week or 2 while i work the warrantys for the console AND disc.

somebody fuk!ing reply dam
Old 08-17-2004, 07:14 AM   #5
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

i think of you play people who pull the plug alot that counts as a drop for you as well.That's the only thing i can think of...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 08:27 AM   #6
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Sega drops the ball, where the frick is the update.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:38 AM   #7
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Arrow Re: Ton Of Drops Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinDihigo
i noticed that if i play a game and make subs , the next game it will remember my subs , but always unregisters the game right away(this is seperate from the drops) so i have to reboot my Xbox after every game. This is what kind of has me wondering if subs also cause drops.

You shouldn't get a drop just by making substitutions and then rebooting your Xbox after a game. I do this myself after every game I've played online since I make subs (over 50 games), and I have not one drop shown on my record yet.

I believe you're getting drops for a different reason.

Kruza

Last edited by Kruza; 08-17-2004 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:19 AM   #8
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Are you going through a router? If so, try: (a) the port opening trick, or (b) setting up a static IP address.

If you also have a PS2, try the PS2 version as well - it appears to be much more stable online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »