Home

How to make Comp QB run more

This is a discussion on How to make Comp QB run more within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2004, 05:14 PM   #1
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
How to make Comp QB run more

Has anybody tried adjusting the individual ratings of the QB to make the comp run more?

Even when I play Vick he runs like only once or twice a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 05:29 PM   #2
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How to make Comp QB run more

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
Has anybody tried adjusting the individual ratings of the QB to make the comp run more?

Even when I play Vick he runs like only once or twice a game.
Check this out asianflow....Scramble - Against the AI It is used to determine how often the CPU controlled QB's will take off. In general it determines how accurate a QB is throwing outside of the pocket.

Of course there are mitigating circumstances such as the pass rush, how well the recievers are covered and the QB's natural ability to convert from a pocket passer to a scrambler, all QB's at one time or another will if necessary scramble some are more accomplished at it and Vick is one of those type who should excell if and when it becomes necessary and the opportunity presents itself.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-15-2004, 07:43 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

It’s a combination of: 1. Ratings adjustments – raising Scramble as Rickster mentioned (but he’s already up there, isn't he?) and probably Aggression, and lowering Composure and all his passing-related abilities. He won’t pass as much if he isn’t the second coming of Montana, Marino, Elway and Young combined; 2. Adding more QB draws and bootlegs to the Atlanta playbook, and/or removing a number of pass and run plays. The CPU WILL start picking QB draws and bootlegs when there aren’t a ton of other plays in the playbook to choose.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:45 PM   #4
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
It’s a combination of: 1. Ratings adjustments – raising Scramble as Rickster mentioned (but he’s already up there, isn't he?) and probably Aggression, and lowering Composure and all his passing-related abilities. He won’t pass as much if he isn’t the second coming of Montana, Marino, Elway and Young combined; 2. Adding more QB draws and bootlegs to the Atlanta playbook, and/or removing a number of pass and run plays. The CPU WILL start picking QB draws and bootlegs when there aren’t a ton of other plays in the playbook to choose.
Good post and sound methods, actually I've considered such radical adjustments but am trying to hold off until a really decent roster update becomes avaiable and its still the beginning of the season so its still possible to see one on the boards pop up in the download forums.

Your methods once again may be the only recourse for now but there are still options IMO so I choose to wait for that elusive roster and I'm sure Xrob is brewing something good in those forums so Xrob if you're reading this rest up buddy and bring the pain, I'm with you just holding out until you're ready to make your move.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-15-2004, 09:24 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Your methods once again may be the only recourse for now...
Thanks, R'ster. Actually, editing isn't the first thing I'd suggest. (Except, give the guy an 89 arm... watch him in demo mode and you'll see that's realistic.) The playbook thing does work. I put together a quickie-vickbook (custom Falcons playbook) a couple of weeks ago and ran forty or so plays. Vick took off on 2 draws, 2 bootlegs, and ran 5 times on broken pass plays. I had also edited his passing ratings... I'm just not sure how much they came into play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 09:34 PM   #6
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

i wish i could watch how people play before commenting on anything. in the past i made some changes to get more sacks (2k3 when it was a problem)... i lowered the read coverage to make them hold onto the ball longer. this made them move much more in the pocket and even take off.

this was ONLY to help get more sacks back then though but it's tied to what i think people are seeing. if a QB sees an open target or an easy target in single coverage after taking his 3, 5, 7 step drop then he's firing... this is any QB in the NFL or in the game. my suggestion would be to test running different defenses at the QB before changing a bunch of ratings. pressure makes qbs scramble, as does good coverage.

and i'd say that for all things like this in all games... before complaining more people should think about what they may be doing before what the game may not be doing.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:47 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
my suggestion would be to test running different defenses at the QB before changing a bunch of ratings. pressure makes qbs scramble, as does good coverage.
I searched and found this little nugget... great tip, thanks.

Everything is relevant. Life is beautiful. Eat a peach, people.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:12 PM   #8
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7
Arrow Re: How to make Comp QB run more

Has anyone tried
Making a Vip from scratch where you play on rookie level and do a ton of qb runs and rollouts with vick ? Rack up a ton of yards and qb runs and then save the vip after the game as your running QB vip.
Then try playing the Vip.

If it works then you have a way to get the cpu to run a lot with the qb and you can assign that vip to teams that have running qbs...

not sure if the vip "learns" qb runs tho ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »