Home

Converted, then RE-Converted

This is a discussion on Converted, then RE-Converted within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2004, 10:00 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Converted, then RE-Converted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
That bothers me too, I cant tap as fast as the comp does. and its lame. And franchise is out of wack. And stats are out of wack. and controls are weird.

other than that its a good game
People who arent in the know are totally missing the point when it comes to "tapping" Its not like track and field. You cant make a slow guy run super fast just becuase you are tapping fast. If you have a fast a guy you can barely tap the button and he will outrun a slower defender. I have grown to like the tapping, especially in this game. It gives me a sense of doing something when running and trying to break tackles.

Just to win over more people, I dont thing Sega/VC should have a problem with giving players the option of doing both.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:00 AM   #18
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by washamur
Ok, so I bought ESPN the day it came out, and probably logged some serious hours in that first week or so. .. but as rosters changed and games continued to get more and more difficult to run, I found myself not playing as much.

.. then came Madden, of course being the sports gaming nut that I am, I immediately shot up to my local EB and purchased one of the few copies they had that wasn't on "pre-order".

I got home and really started having a good time .. I was enjoying my games, but still having problems running the ball. Granted, I am no where near good, so my sliders would probably make yall laugh, but I just couldn't find the appropriate setting on either game. I also started noticing some serious pet-peeves of mine coming into play with Madden. Nit picky stuff - yes - but enough to really bottleneck my enjoying this game.

I did some searching around, here and other places and found alot of people were saying some of the same things I was thinking ... I started thinking about trading Madden back in, but though .. I'd give it one more chance. SO I played, and played, and played ... but just wasn't enjoying the game like I had hoped. I took the game out and sitting on top of my TV stand was ESPN just looking at me.

So, I threw it back into the Xbox ... did some roster movements to try to stay even with this season, and started up a franchise again. Something has happen to my game ... I CAN RUN THE BALL! Actually I did some reading here and started realizing that I tend to break away from the route ... now I dont. I follow my blockers and they lead the way to open field, or almost open field.

I love this game, the graphics, contols, "replayablity", etc.

Needless to say, my copy of Madden is now on eBay for sale, and I'm keeping ESPN ... now if I could only play it more. Time seems to be narrowed down right now.

Just sharing my story, sorry for the long read ... the information here @ OS is amazing .. you guys are the best!

Ummm...just wanted to make a post that actually mentions...THE ACTUAL TOPIC.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:11 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
What is wrong with the stats? with proper sim length the stats are perfect.
CPU completion % needs to be between 55-60% onstead of 40-50% in my opinion. The CPU doesn't use the short passing game at all and in return racks up a ton of incompletions on medium passes...
Old 08-18-2004, 08:46 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
u don't have to tap super fast.one tap gives a speedy burst push..the next tap gives another..if your tapping super fast--you are cancelling out the intial burst..SOMEONE TELL ALL THE COMPLAINERS ABOUT THIS FOR ME..I TESTED N PROVED THIS!!......tap fast when u have build up enough speed after..sow rythm tapping to get up to speed....

frnachise mode isn't ruined for me....it's fantasy football..fantsay owner.a videogame--if owens go to the chargers then what the hell!! it's my game with my controller....the chargers get a good reciever n time to see if they'll get somewhere n make noise....so u don't have the same teams doing the same thing every year.....i remember in 2k4 all the same teams made the playoffs n superbowl year after year...it's fantsay..n on to the little example..imagine in your videogame the chargers getting ownes..boy won't you be scared!!! to have l.d n t.o. on the same offense!!...being shoved down your face..it wouldn't happen i real life..but through the magic of t.v. n videogames..it does!! I FOR ONE AM IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME--after feeling kinda lukewarm,then getting into the swing of things ..this game is brilliant

Franchise mode is weak plain and simple, you can post as many "fixes"as you can about how its just like "fantasy Football" or that you should "controll every team" or that you turn off preaseason and weekly prep which is their only new feature on franchise this year, but hell evencontrolling every team is easier and more intuitive on Madden.

I for one can also live with the goofy trades, i do fantasy draft half the time anyway. what i cant live with is the goofy player progression, the goofy draft flaws, and the goofy way i seem to play the SAME teams every year. Then when compared to madden it looks even weaker, you would swear this was ESPNs first franchise mode they it did better when it was on dreamcast.

Dont get me wrong i love ESPN i still play it nonstop ...... Against friends most of which i converted. But they all converted right back when it came to franchise mode and so did I. I mean you guys can argue all day about which one is better gameplay wise with the button tapping and everything, but when you start trying to defend ESPNs franchise over madden your fanboy colors really start to show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »